Archived How long do you have to wait to put in your 2 weeks after you are hired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys so yesterday was kind of my second day at work. Although I have been hired for almost a month now, the whole scheduling, orientation and stuff took a while. So I applied a target near my house because I have worked at one before. But apparently target has changed its policy’s now and/or they do things differently at this store. I got hired as a “ guest advocate” and they don’t let us leave until the WHOLE store is clean cuz of which last 2 days I literally left the store 45 mins after closing. Which didn’t use to happen at my old store we would leave as soon as we didn’t have any more people to check out and our areas were clean. Also I really don’t like the team leads attitude, they are really bossy and treat you like you are their little slave. Apparently all the guest advocates think they are b*tches but nobody tells on them cuz they put up a “fake” act in front of the managers. Also I started school today and that’s coming out to be more hectic than I expected. Sorry for the whole story thought you guys would wanna know why I wanna leave.
BUT I don’t wanna quit! Cuz idk what life might bring in the future, I wanna have open options. So since it is my 3rd day tomorrow. How long do you guys think I should wait to put in my 2 weeks and how do i do it?
The manager who hired me is super sweet and told me he is really excited about having me. So I kinda wanna use a very legit non hurtful excuse that lets me get out without any questions and where they won’t be upset at all. (It can be a lie lol)
Any help would be appreciated!!

Tell them school is more challenging than you thought it would be, and you would like to go on an LOA to leave the option open to work during the holidays and summer.

Talk to HR first, tell them school is more challenging and you need to prioritize it. Tell them what your last day will be and then go on Workday and resign, giving the last day you told HR. They may not schedule you your last week there. Good luck!

Go to HR and talk to them about what’s going on. Ask them if you can maybe work one weekday shift and one weekend shift, they might take half of you instead of losing all of you! Plus let them know about what closing is like. HR very rarely works that late so they don’t know what closes are like. With payroll being pretty tight right now the focus needs to be on utilizing hours during peak sales times, not the entire closing team staying to recover the store after close. That TL is covering their ass by blowing payroll having everyone stay late to fix the store which should have been done during open house.

Sorry, I think the second half was just venting frustrations and was 100% not directed toward you or your situation 😄

I think you might want to just see how the week goes. Your first day of school and your 2nd day of work is a lot at one time. But maybe it won't be as hectic as you are thinking. If you were my kid, I would tell you to wait a week. Change your availability if necessary but don't outright quit unless you really, really want to.

Also snap judgments after only one or two days probably shouldn't be a cause for quitting.

But guys! I saw somewhere that you can’t change your availability if you are new?? 😩
I can only stay if I change my availability. Where do I go do that? A coworker said you can do it in the Kronos app but I don’t have the option and someone said that’s because I am new.

But guys! I saw somewhere that you can’t change your availability if you are new?? 😩
I can only stay if I change my availability. Where do I go do that? A coworker said you can do it in the Kronos app but I don’t have the option and someone said that’s because I am new.
Dude just quit, please 😣

I think you might want to just see how the week goes. Your first day of school and your 2nd day of work is a lot at one time. But maybe it won't be as hectic as you are thinking. If you were my kid, I would tell you to wait a week. Change your availability if necessary but don't outright quit unless you really, really want to.

Also snap judgments after only one or two days probably shouldn't be a cause for quitting.
[/QUOTE

took your advice!! :) Really hope it works out well!

Tell them school is more challenging than you thought it would be, and you would like to go on an LOA to leave the option open to work during the holidays and summer.
You actually can’t do that. If you are within your first 90 days you can’t go on LOA. Best thing for OP is to just quit

You aren’t supposed to be able to change your availability during your first 90 days, but as in all things Spot, ASANTS (all stores are not the same), and I’ve seen it done a number of times, if leadership goes along with it. That being said, asking to change your availability this soon will likely not be appreciated by leadership, but they might let you change it if they are having a difficult time hiring and don’t want to lose you. If you are ready to quit anyway, you may as well ask.

Give it a little more time. They might have wanted people to stay after because of a visit coming up or because it is back to school. Sales are about to drop again which means so will payroll. That means people will not work a minute over their scheduled shift.

School is more important than that the spot. The spot doesn’t care about you or your education. If they did then they would let you change your availability. Time to pack it in and find a job that will work with your school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back