Archived How long do you travel to work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

checklane01

ap gang ;)
Hi all, long time no talk.

I’m looking at going back to Target this summer. I’m looking elsewhere besides the store I was at before.

Anyway, I’m looking at many stores around me, and just wondering how long do you travel to work? How long do you think is reasonable? Currently I’m looking at a store that is about 30 minutes away, compared to my old store that was about 20 minutes.

- Thank you :)

Last edited:
30 in traffic is reasonable. I currently do 13 miles one way but it takes 45 to an hour with traffic, some days over an hour to hour and a half to get home. On a weekend morning? It is under 30min.. But where I live traffic is a nightmare.

wake up drivers let's get this mileage reimbursement

lol but really it's close enough to walk, but lately it's been brutally humid and I can't stand taking a shower and then walking into Target with pit stains and smelling like a dead carp. My roommate's wife has a schedule opposite of mine so she lets me borrow her whip if the weather is too shitty/hot/stormy to walk

wake up drivers let's get this mileage reimbursement

lol but really it's close enough to walk, but lately it's been brutally humid and I can't stand taking a shower and then walking into Target with pit stains and smelling like a dead carp. My roommate's wife has a schedule opposite of mine so she lets me borrow her whip if the weather is too shitty/hot/stormy to walk
Imagine a workday where travel to and from counts.
👌

It takes me 3-4 minutes to drive to work. I hate commuting - the longest ride I ever had to work was about 10 minutes with traffic.

I could walk if needed, about 4 minutes away if I hit the light right at the end of my street. It's why I applied and why I'm still here.

5 minutes if I drive, about 30 if I walk. Which I should start doing again now that winter seems to have gotten the message and fled the scene.

Ten minutes if I’m coming in early, or going home late. 15 if it’s rush hour. Not too bad.

About 10 minutes if there’s a lot of red lights. If I’m driving there super early to open or driving home super late after closing I’ll hit every green light and be home in 4 minutes.

I live by the train and university so it takes me about 25-30 minutes up to 45.

30 minutes no traffic and 50 minutes with traffic for 16 miles
I usually take the train which takes an 55-60 minutes but I get to relax a little bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back