Answered How long is too long for write ups?

Some background, I’ve been with the company for years now and recently graduated college. I was hoping to get a promotion to at least TL and have interviewed at other stores in my area. However I was told by my SD that I was receiving a write up for “loafing”. They said that I would technically not be able to transfer or interview for a year but it could be possible for me to interview and get a promotion within a few months.

My SD has a tendency to lie and I do not believe them when they say I’ll be able to interview if I show improvement in a couple months. However, it has been over 3 weeks & I am just now receiving a write up that my TL and HR BP both think I do not deserve.. so how long is too long for a write up?

Your situation is a rather agonizing one. It's not impossible for a write up to be delayed by weeks. I think the SD has to submit a draft of the write up to be reviewed by District-level HR.

I get a sense that you really like Target and are frustrated at being accused of "loafing".

It is not unheard of at Spot for someone who is trying to transfer to be written up. Just my opinion but it sounds to me like your SD is full of it and is trying to discourage you from leaving by stringing you along regarding a chance at promotion. Seems to be trying to keep you in the store since the write-up will already block your chance of a transfer. Except for attendance, there isn’t an actual deadline for doing a write-up because for something as subjective as loafing, if they wait too long for one occurrence they can just accuse you of another. Good luck!

CA Corrective Action
CCA Coaching/Corrective Action.
These are used interchangeably for a documented disciplinary action.
These are now done on Workday. It will be prepared by your Lead or Leader. You must acknowledge it in Workday, and it remains visible to you in Workday.

What used to be called a coaching or PDD (Performance Discussion Documentation), is now a PIP (Performance Improvement Plan). This is also done in Workday, but you will not see it, as with the old coachings.

For now, it is an advantage for team members. Leadership seems to hate going through Workday, so I think PIPs and CAs are being left undone.
Thanks
@Yetive

Back