Archived How long to reapply after seasonal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, so at the end of my shift today (i'm a seasonal cashier) my gstl took me aside and handed me the seasonal termination letter and how my last shift would be day X. She said that she would really encourage me to reapply later, however, since she liked my work ethic, they just can't accommodate due to lack of hours. I really want to stay on, though, since all my coworkers are really awesome people, so I guess my questions are:

1) is this what they say to everyone? (ex. oh you were awesome and we really appreciated your work ethic you should reapply)

2) if not (or even if so) how long should I wait to reapply, and should it just be the normal online application?

3) my last day is saturday, and this friday is a payday, so should I go to get my paycheck friday AND ask LOD at the end of my shift saturday for my pay for that day as well, or skip friday and just get it from LOD saturday?

Sorry for all the questions, and thanks so much in advance.

Hey guys, so at the end of my shift today (i'm a seasonal cashier) my gstl took me aside and handed me the seasonal termination letter and how my last shift would be day X. She said that she would really encourage me to reapply later, however, since she liked my work ethic, they just can't accommodate due to lack of hours. I really want to stay on, though, since all my coworkers are really awesome people, so I guess my questions are:

1) is this what they say to everyone? (ex. oh you were awesome and we really appreciated your work ethic you should reapply)

2) if not (or even if so) how long should I wait to reapply, and should it just be the normal online application?

3) my last day is saturday, and this friday is a payday, so should I go to get my paycheck friday AND ask LOD at the end of my shift saturday for my pay for that day as well, or skip friday and just get it from LOD saturday?

Sorry for all the questions, and thanks so much in advance.
I’ve never heard of asking for pay on the spot. Maybe this is a state thing but if not I wouldn’t do it. Target will pay you

) is this what they say to everyone? (ex. oh you were awesome and we really appreciated your work ethic you should reapply)

That is apart of the script but don't assume they didn't appreciate your hard work.

The not enough hours comment is tricky because I've had people tell me I don't need hours, i'll be on call if you need me. One cashier at my store talked her way into staying by saying that.

90 days and yes

Anything you work this week will not be on this week's check. So your final check would be two weeks from Friday.

However if you are in a state that pays out upon termination, I would go to guest services on Saturday and ask for the LOD

Good luck to you.

[QUOTE="experimental, post: 401055, member: 21483"
[/QUOTE]

When I did it (I waited until April), I just walked in and got hired on the spot.

A quick thank-you note to your TL can't hurt either. It will make you more memorable. When reapplying, I would drop by the store and let the TL know that you applied. He can have HR look out for your application.

Anything you work this week will not be on this week's check. So your final check would be two weeks from Friday.

I have a question about this so would it be mailed or would I have to go pick up the final check ?

my last day is saturday, and this friday is a payday, so should I go to get my paycheck friday AND ask LOD at the end of my shift saturday for my pay for that day as well, or skip friday and just get it from LOD saturday?

Ask your store HR whether your final pay will be paid out in cash on your last day or if it will be mailed to your home as a check. If it is cash, you find the LOD at the end of your shift and they will give you the money.

I am in Cali so people get cash on their last day unless otherwise requested.

For the Friday paycheck, it depends. I have seen instances where you get the regular Friday paycheck and your final pay. I have also seen instances where the person who does the final pay calculations actually includes what was in the regular Friday paycheck as part of the final pay and then sends an e-mail telling us to pay in the regular paycheck so you aren't double paid. I recommend holding off on picking up your regular paycheck until Saturday. This gives HR a chance to pull the regular check if needed. Doing this will help you guys can avoid the hassle of overpayment.

I have a question about this so would it be mailed or would I have to go pick up the final check ?

The final check is mailed to your address on file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back