Archived How many Electronic Keys does your store have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A awhile ago I remember brtms posting here how they need to track down a Eletronic TM to get keys and I found it odd.

My store has 7 Electronic Keys. One goes to the EletronicTM, One goes to Flow, on the the Intocks/Backroom TL and the other 4 just to Backroom. We have the same amount of BRkeys as well. No problems yet

Two or three. I know that whenever BR needs to get into electronics BR, they find a person. Same for AP.

4 Electronics sets (#6 key and S3/Magnet key) in the daily key box for regular use. I also keep 2 extra sets in my office (used over the holidays, pulled from the floor in January), and have 1 of my "own" (the S3/Magnet part, obviously my sub-master opens the stockroom or anything else).

2 Backroom sets also have a #6 key to get into the Electronics stockroom.

Low volume store.

ULV here. So we used to have four sets. Fourth quarter 2013 we lost one set and were down to 3. One for electronics, one for backroom, one for flow/flex. This past fourth quarter we lost a second set and were down to 2. Then it was basically first come, first served, with usually the electronics TM getting the shaft. But not too long ago that third set reappeared out of thin air.....

My very low volume store has probably 4 sets. One for LOD, one for sales floor, one for AP, one for Target Mobile.

The one for target mobile shouldn't be a electronic key....shouldn't be lol.

And I'm sure each store has more...just not out out. I ordered about 20 of them the other day...they break like our hopes and dreams...I mean candy.

ONE!!!! Im so angry every single day flow has to share with electronics, were a 6am store and on the cusp of a 4am process, barely made the sales cut off. We have a heavy amount of shortage so ETL AP decided its best to only have ONE key at all times on the floor.

3 sets. Our electronics lockup is in the front of the store so whenever backroom needs in they just have the electronics person open the door.

More often than not electronics does their own caf pulls.

Not even sure. At least 6. Today we had 2 in the back room, I'm sure electronics had 1-2, 1 accidentally went home with a TM the other day, 1 for AP, 1-2 between ETLs...yeah, we have a lot.

Our ETLs don't even carry a set. They use their key for the key stuff and just find a magnetic key as needed for the other stuff.

Not even sure. At least 6. Today we had 2 in the back room, I'm sure electronics had 1-2, 1 accidentally went home with a TM the other day, 1 for AP, 1-2 between ETLs...yeah, we have a lot.
Electronic keys (and the magnet) going home is a serious no-no.

target mobile at my store has keys that unlock every locked case and a magnet. My store only has like 3 hardlines team members and 3 softlines throughout the day.

We have 3.

1 for flow (passed on to the Electonics TM when they arrive)
1 for Ship from Store (leaders got tired of having to unlock stuff for me all the time)
1 for the Electronics TL

I can't fathom why any store would need 7! Even higher volume stores could share 1 key per workcenter.

We have 7. 6 are actually used by TMs. There's also a Target Mobile set that has a magnet and Mobile's keys. Our electronics keys have a #6 key, an S3 magnet key, the metal thing that takes cases off the video game cabinet cable things, and a smaller key for the photo lab cabinet.

3 for electronics/photo (believe it or not, most of these are used pretty regularly and there is a need for them)
3 for AP which also have the AP sub-master
1 for the electronics TL (why they need their own, I don't know)

The ETLs at my store are also issued an S3 key from the store so that they have one. The previous ETL-AP was very key-happy and got us a bunch of keys.

Three official sets, all of AP also has a key that gets into the backroom and all of the cases.

We have 3.

1 for flow (passed on to the Electonics TM when they arrive)
1 for Ship from Store (leaders got tired of having to unlock stuff for me all the time)
1 for the Electronics TL

I can't fathom why any store would need 7! Even higher volume stores could share 1 key per workcenter.
I looked closer at the key box today and we actually also have 2 GSTL and one TLOD set that each have a magnet key. I assume those also have keys to the stockroom and cases.

Electronic keys (and the magnet) going home is a serious no-no.
Yup. Doesn't prevent it from happening once in a while. I've heard about almost every BRTM taking a key home at some point. I got into the routine of patting myself down as I'm punching out to make sure it doesn't happen to me.

Yup. Doesn't prevent it from happening once in a while. I've heard about almost every BRTM taking a key home at some point. I got into the routine of patting myself down as I'm punching out to make sure it doesn't happen to me.

Doesn't the door alarm go off if you walk out with one?
The electronics keys seemed to do it on their own and our LP TL put magnetic tags on all the other keys to make them do the same thing.

Doesn't the door alarm go off if you walk out with one?
The electronics keys seemed to do it on their own and our LP TL put magnetic tags on all the other keys to make them do the same thing.
Maybe the ones with the magnets attached, but those aren't the ones people are walking out with. Usually it's a keyring with just a wave key/electronics key. Nothing to set the alarm off.

Our work ones in a while. I actually think the magent in the Ekey interferes with the tag that makes the alarm go off. When I combined the BRkey and Ekeys, they never go off when I go to lunch. Are we even allowed to take keys to lunch, no one has said anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back