COVID-19 How many ETL , TL, TMs wearing masks at work?

If you have masks available, how many would you say (percentage wise) are wearing masks at work?

At my store, I’d say 30% overall. Maybe more than half of cashier/front end workers. And currently no ETLs are wearing masks at my store. That seems weird to me, that none of them choose to wear a mask. Are they even given the choice? We have masks readily available at clerical.

I had one on that a friend made me, but it was a smidge too small and kept slipping off one ear. That was going to lead to face-touching, and as I was taking it off I dropped it on the floor. Took care of that.

I'm going to try to find some more elastic; barring that, ribbon, I hope?

Just today for the first time, I saw my SD and ETL wearing masks. I haven't been wearing one, just because I've heard it won't protect you from other people

Less than 10% of the TMs at my store. None of the leaders and none of the frontend TMs.

90% of cashiers are wearing masks, TLs & ETLs I don’t think any of them are. I tried wearing one because I kept getting attitude from guests about not wearing one and I lasted about 5 minutes, way too hot lol. I’d rather have them bitch at me then wear that for an entire shift

Most wear gloves, the masks are gaining in popularity. A lot are wearing washable cloth ones. Hardly anyone in Consumables seems to wear one tho..

If you have masks available, how many would you say (percentage wise) are wearing masks at work?

At my store, I’d say 30% overall. Maybe more than half of cashier/front end workers. And currently no ETLs are wearing masks at my store. That seems weird to me, that none of them choose to wear a mask. Are they even given the choice? We have masks readily available at clerical.
100%
We have a total of 8000 masks. Everyone gets one everyday

Lots of gloves being worn, though not by everyone. A few masks, but none provided for us. I've made a cloth one for myself and try to wear it when the store is open. (TMs are good about social distancing, but not all guests are.) But it's hot and uncomfortable. My dental hygienist friend says I'll get used to it. Sigh. If we actually go to overnight shifts, I wouldn't mind be scheduled for them.

The main purpose masks are being suggested is because they have found that people are sick and not showing symptoms but still spreading the illness. I wear a mask now even though I feel fine so that I protect others. I would hate to get others sick just because it is hot and uncomfortable to wear.

did they donate all the ones you had in-store when all this started? or the ones that were just recently shipped to store

Bc if it’s the former, they were supposed to be donated
We have donated every box that has come in. The previously mentioned ETL has suggested that if anyone wants to wear a mask they can bring one from home or borrow someone else’s.

I’m so glad I have an office that’s locked.

Back