Archived How many people have you seen buy/ask for Adele's album?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@jb08045 I think you mean what's An Adele.

I saw her on snl the other night. I didn't like the song I heard. I don't think I care for most of her music.
Can someone tell me what the big deal is?

I think about every 4th guest I had bought it, but nowhere near as many I got buying the "one direction" album maybe about 2 weeks ago.

@jb08045 I think you mean what's An Adele.

I saw her on snl the other night. I didn't like the song I heard. I don't think I care for most of her music.
Can someone tell me what the big deal is?

Lot of people like her. That's most of the big deal lol. Of course not everyone does, but that's true of legiterally everything on earth. But her album sales have been amazing. 21 charted for like 2 years or something. Since 25 isn't on any streaming service, those of us who wouldn't have bought it... Are buying it in the first week and she will probably set a record or two.

Wait, I think billboard numbers are a Tuesday thing so lemme check..

Yea, she broke nsync's first week record and her album sales were 42% of sales this week.

I listened to a bit of each song on the album on the iTunes Store. Nope, don't get it.
So then I listened to bits of her music from previous albums. Nope still don't get it.

I went all the way back to the song rumor has it before I found one I liked. Good thing she isn't relying on me for her sales

I don't think you need to "get it." Music is something that's subjective and personal. Nothing is for everyone. I think people like different things and even when a lot of people like the same thing, it's not necessarily for the same reason across the board.

I like adele but I'm not one of those fans/stans who thinks everyone should like someone that I like.

a67388a0gw1eyd615hljuj20f00k0gos.jpg

There is literally an Adele album in every single one of the simple carts to be packed in ship from store. and this morning before we opened they had the radio on the overheard and "hello" came on a few times, specifically while i was packing the album ha.

I've had it on exactly 1 SFS order.

I don't get why it's selling so well in other places either. It's not been overly well reviewed even.

Metacritic has it sitting at 75/100.

That doesn't put it in the top 100 albums released this year in the eyes of critics.

That puts it at #98 for albums released in the last three months.

Then again, this year had the reverse happen too.

The #1 best rated album of all time on metacritic is a hiphop album that came out this year. It however didn't sell close to as well as Adele's new album is doing.

To Pimp A Butterfly by Kendrick Lamar sits at 96/100 on Metacritic, but only sold a measly 324,000 copies in its first week by comparison. Mind, 324,000 was enough for it to be the #1 album in the country for the week, but it's wayyyy shy of the 2.5 million-ish Adele's record is siting at.

On the first day of its release, I've pulled at least 10 for Online within a shift. I forgot how many I've pulled for CAFs. We had an endcap over at electronics and a large display in front of checklanes.

Not my type of music. Glad she's seeing success though.

Kendrick's album is available on every streaming service. He set a streaming record when pimp a butterfly came out. I only ever buy music when it goes on sale in the play store (Fetty Wap is 99¢ so I bought that), or when it's someone I like a lot I buy a cd. Adele only made this category because she didn't stream tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back