How much did your store comp 2021?

Since 4th quarter has been over for a bit, I'm curious to know how you guys comp last year for 2021.

We did 14%. Not the greatest but we did better than most store in the district.

Our comp was a bit over 7%. We did about $112 million in FY 2021. 17% of our 2021 sales were fulfilled. We don’t have SFS so that all came from OPU, DU, STS, and Shipt. (I’m just imagining how high our sales would be if we did have SFS…)

Our 2020 comp compared to 2019 was about 14% tho. Corona sure caused a sales spike.

Our comp was a bit over 7%. We did about $112 million in FY 2021. 17% of our 2021 sales were fulfilled. We don’t have SFS so that all came from OPU, DU, STS, and Shipt. (I’m just imagining how high our sales would be if we did have SFS…)

Our 2020 comp compared to 2019 was about 14% tho. Corona sure caused a sales spike.

Having SFS really helped our store in the last 5 years or so. Why don't have SFS? No space?

Having SFS really helped our store in the last 5 years or so. Why don't have SFS? No space?
One store in our district got it taken away last year and they only had 1 pack station but $117 million in sales. I'd imagine because of space constraints in older stores and freight issues during peak times since you can only send so many trucks to stores

Maybe space. Every other store in my district has SFS, including the other store in my city. My store is one of the top OPU/DU stores in the country, so Flex Fulfillment is already super crazy with Pickup and Grocery batches as is. The entire sales floor, every weekend is either in Flex Picks or on a Checklane. If they added SFS and didn't give us a bunch more payroll, it would probably be a disaster. Our backroom is full as-is already. Same with the Starbucks Drive-Up. Whenever that rolls out, it will be a disaster for us as well.

I did hear from my ETL-SE that corporate was considering adding SFS for us. I hope not tho, for the Fulfillment team's sake.

hmmm…..I’ve noticed every day price change labels that INCREASE the price of hundreds of items by 20% ……coincidence ? I think NOT.
We sell the same amount of items all at a higher price and bingo - comparison of sales have increased ! Wallah. Presto magic.

hmmm…..I’ve noticed every day price change labels that INCREASE the price of hundreds of items by 20% ……coincidence ? I think NOT.
We sell the same amount of items all at a higher price and bingo - comparison of sales have increased ! Wallah. Presto magic.

It's give and take. Essentials and market is comping like crazy at my store. Sales everywhere else are really slowing down with all of the price increases. I got my department to 40-50% comp on a daily basis, but now I'm lucky to comp 4-5% if at all. The increases on essential items have really hurt discretionary spending. Of course, the DC is still sending me appliances like they are going to fly off the shelves. Sorry, but no one is in the market for a $200 pressure cooker/air fryer combo right now, but I have a gazillion varities of them in my backroom and on risers. And, they keep coming in. Shit, to be honest I'm having problems selling cheap toasters and Mr. Coffee coffee makers currently, I'm getting a gazillion of them too. It's crazy. Backstocking is an hours long process trying to get everything to fit.

Back