Archived How much would you hate me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm seasonal Softlines salesfloor, this was my 3rd Friday night working. I had an 8 hour shift but spent 2 hours training for cashier.

Anyways I only got half of RTW zoned and had a cart full of reshop left when the store closed at 11 :(

I felt like a failure to be honest. I stopped the LOD as he was walking his rounds & apologized & he was really nice about it. He said he'd make a note for the next day & he realized that between the training & crowds it was hectic but to aim for 100% next time. Which I thought was very generous.

I'm just worried about how upset this morning shift will be?

I stayed busy all night & even skipped my last break hoping I could at least get all the tables folded but it was like a herd of toddlers came through & used them as a ball pit. Literally EVERYTHING had to be refolded.:confused:

Since the holidays have ramped up we have almost always had reshop left over in Softlines.

Some nights we get three Z racks and multiple three tiers from the front, fitting room, and finding stuff in the wrong place.

The only thing you can do is try to keep up and work with the rest of your Softlines team to make sure you are going about it in a smart way. Like for us, men's and boys usually hold up well so we do them first. Shoes and RTW tables on the other hand....we try and tidy them up a bit but usually have to do heavy zoning either way more towards closing.

Good luck and don't beat yourself up on busy days!

There should be no folding of clothes. Everything needs to be on a hanger!

We have been joking around about keeping everything under glass display.

Also, the hosiery should be somewhere where people can see it because people are constantly ripping open all the packages for tights and leggings!

Last edited:
Don't worry even in hardlines you can't always get through everything especially during the holidays.

I wouldn't be upset. It happens. But for next time, start from the outside so it looks good from the racetrack. It's usually easier to catch up on that stuff in the morning, anyway. You'll get faster/better.

I closed again tonight & I followed your advice. It turned out MUCH better... Of course we were dead from 11-midnight, so that helped too. They even pulled me to help power zone toys & I was happy with how things looked when I left.

The fact that you even cared enough to make this post shows you are going to make a great TM. We have people in my store who don't think twice, they just leave and don't care what they leave behind. You asking for advice to better yourself at work shows a lot and remember, the more you do it, the better you'll get. We all have our off days so don't put so much pressure on yourself!

I've worked softlines for close to 10 years and have made a habit of asking "what happened last night" rather than saying "so and so bombed the zone". I also tell my TMs to make sure they keep track of time spent at the front lanes. "Guest First" means exactly what it says. When called for help you go but keep track of the time you spend up there so if you are questioned as to why you didn't complete a task you can fully account for your hours. ETLs/LODs/ and even TLs and TMs with any experience "get" that stuff happens and don't worry, you'll be known by your fellow TMs over time by your track record as a whole and not by what happened on a specific night.

And do take your breaks. You've earned them and not taking them screws with any accurate judgment over how long something takes to do... thus affecting not only you but the whole team. ;)

Especially those stupid slippery "favorite tees" made by Merona that used to be made by Mossimo Black. Ugh... it's like trying to fold water and make every crease stay put. :p
FYI, there is no "made by Merona." It is a Target brand like Archer Farms or Market Pantry.

Glad I could help, op!

Especially those stupid slippery "favorite tees" made by Merona that used to be made by Mossimo Black. Ugh... it's like trying to fold water and make every crease stay put. :p

I hate these shirts! I hate when I close with someone who wants to split SL in a way that leaves me with rtw because of these shirts lol. I can fold one and make it look nice, but getting it back in without messing up the rest feels impossible. If we put less of them out at a time, it would be fine, but my store has them filled to the brim. Hate it.

I remember when they had the MB label, they were called "dressy tees," and I always referred to them as the "messy tees."

Glad I could help, op!

I hate these shirts! I hate when I close with someone who wants to split SL in a way that leaves me with rtw because of these shirts lol. I can fold one and make it look nice, but getting it back in without messing up the rest feels impossible. If we put less of them out at a time, it would be fine, but my store has them filled to the brim. Hate it.

I remember when they had the MB label, they were called "dressy tees," and I always referred to them as the "messy tees."

LOL! That is such a perfect and fitting description. I will now think of them as the Merona Messy Tees! :D

THIS!!! Those heinous things were the table that was nothing but a puddle! There is literally only one thing I hate in Softlines & those tees are it.

It's alright sometimes you just can't finish with the time remaining, time management is key. just remember if you aren't taking lunch that day, tell your TL, LOD, or ETL. That you have to clock out or you'll hit your 5th hour (compliance = bad)

I'm seasonal Softlines salesfloor, this was my 3rd Friday night working. I had an 8 hour shift but spent 2 hours training for cashier.

Anyways I only got half of RTW zoned and had a cart full of reshop left when the store closed at 11 :(

I felt like a failure to be honest. I stopped the LOD as he was walking his rounds & apologized & he was really nice about it. He said he'd make a note for the next day & he realized that between the training & crowds it was hectic but to aim for 100% next time. Which I thought was very generous.

I'm just worried about how upset this morning shift will be?

I stayed busy all night & even skipped my last break hoping I could at least get all the tables folded but it was like a herd of toddlers came through & used them as a ball pit. Literally EVERYTHING had to be refolded.:confused:

If I saw you goofing off on your phone, or chit chatting, or hiding in the back, I'd be annoyed. If I see you working your entire shift, I'm not overly concerned with how much isn't completed. I expect people to work hard and put in effort. I don't expect them to be superhumans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back