Archived How they’ll let the Seasonal TM go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bullwinkle72

Ermahgerd Terghet
So how will they let the seasonal team members go? Just no more hours or will they have a face to face? I’m praying I get to stay on..

GyZSWOR.gif

Most of the time you just won’t be scheduled anymore, but you’ll still need to turn in discount card and name tag, so there’s some face to face. If your leadership likes you, you may get a face to face saying how much they appreciated you and how they’d love to have you back next Christmas season.

You should get a face to face before any schedule you aren't on is posted. This should NOT be with HR, but with your TL or ETL. This is when you should ask about coming back if you want to. Often, there just aren't enough hours to support keeping very many seasonal, but there may be room for you later. Ask all the questions then.

When I was a seasonal, we all got letters telling us the seasonal season was over and thank you very much for working for Target...your last shift will be -----. My letter had a "we would like to offer you permanent employment, are you interested, respond by -----" addition where the others did not.

When I was a seasonal, we all got letters telling us the seasonal season was over and thank you very much for working for Target...your last shift will be -----. My letter had a "we would like to offer you permanent employment, are you interested, respond by -----" addition where the others did not.

How long ago was that?

Back when I was a seasonal cashier i was told when my “last day” was.. then they changed their mind and now I’m a GSTL. I was the only seasonal kept that holiday season and was one of the last ones hired. Who would’ve thought? :)

Last edited:
I was originally seasonal. I was a CA and by that time a couple of the regular CAs were kinda on their way out so I eventually got most of their hours. I never had “the talk” though at the time we had a nametag system where you had to earn the bullseye pin to the nametag. I guess getting one of those was a sign that I was a keeper lol.

When I was seasonal, before I could clock back in from lunch they told me not to worry about it and my GSTL pulled me into an office and told me that today was my last day and i don’t need to finish my shift, but they’d be hiring again in a couple months for permanent positions and that I should apply again. And here I am lol

No papers or anything at my store. I just kept getting scheduled. I don't think anyone was let go then (2014 holiday season) except maybe a couple, who only wanted seasonal work.

Last year we had a full AP team just in case anyone decided to do something stupid , just remember the eye sees everything and knows everything.

ASANTS...
1. Generally you will either receive a letter of seasonal termination or permanent hire
2. Private interview session
3. General call out, if you are seasonal your last day will be XX/XX/XX
4. Though rare, some stores will just remove the seasonals from the schedule who will not be taken on.

Might as well make a few last dollars!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back