How to acquire my own zebra?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so sick of sharing equipments or not having my own because other TMs use them or hide them. I wanna be able to work and bring my own zebra. I figured its just some cheap android phone with target UI. We already have target app to search, they should just make the whole target UI an app for everyone to download.

I've been searching ebay or anywhere to acquire the zebra phone. A little scanner attachment and I can have my own to carry around. I'm also not sharing. Specially if it'll cost me over $100. I'm also looking for my own walkie. What model does target carry??

I figured its just some cheap android phone with target UI.
giphy.gif

Have fun with that there bud.
Zebra TC51 Mobile Computer - Best Price Available Online - Save Now - https://www.barcodesinc.com/zebra/tc51.htm

Target doesn't pay me enough to buy my own equipment if they aren't going to reimburse me. Good luck in your endeavor.

ask Zebra if they'll send you free equipment if you promote their brand with tattoos and T-shirts, like how YouTube gamers do with Razer and SteelSeries swag

Yeah, no. Zebras are very expensive and customized. Definitely NOT a cheap android phone with a custom UI. My day job has done ship testing for Zebra, and the Zebra reps insist on hand-delivering and being on-site for the testing so they can take them back immediately. Besides, as said above, why would you spend your own money for work equipment?

1. Why in the heck do you want to buy materials/resources for Target.
2. Target will not allow an outside device to be connected to a store/corporate network.
3. Zebras are specifically engineered for proprietary flashed software or network connections to the device for Target.

Your leadership should be checking for any missing or hidden equipment regularly. If you are in desperate need of equipment, contact your ETL.

Sorry bud, this won’t happen. The applications on our Zebras are controlled by VMware Airwatch Agent, and I doubt you’d ever be able to get it installed, even if you were to buy a TC51 (which are incredibly expensive, and they’re meant to be bought in bulk).

But none of that would happen because if your device got lost that exposes a lot of internal data to outside sources, and that’s the last thing HQ would ever want, so don’t count on getting permission to do this.

Use the target app to help guests but won't tell you the location past the aisle or if it has as backroom location

Ahh heres one solution start hiding your equipment too. Let this become someone else problem.

Go ahead an buy one. How the fuck are you going to get the "Target UI" on there? Just carry your phone and use the Target app. It tells you the aisles things are located anyway. That's really all you need.

Here is how you acquire your own zebra.
1. Grab zebra, dont sign it out.
2. Look for a safe hidden spot , where you can “stash” the zebra.
3. Everytime you come to work , just swap out the batteries.

Wolah! Le’ own zebra.

I bought my own raincoat and Lacrosse waterproof boots. :)

Wolah! Le’ own zebra.
Works until AP finds out lol

Carts are just a part of being a CA.
I know I know, the tips, the open range, hauling tvs and heavy furniture, the breeze, the instant gratification of wiping a toilet bowl sparkly clean, is it work, or is it a way of life, i think ,the later.

Wolah! Le’ own zebra.

Or do like my store when folks started needing Zebras for pulls:

3. Forget where you hid the Zebra.

We lost maybe half our Zebras within a couple weeks.

1. Grab zebra, don’t sign it out
2. Look for a safe hidden spot, where you can “stash” the zebra.
3. Ignore #3 and accidentally leave the store with said zebra in your pocket and leave it in your car for 2 months because you’re too scared to give it back
4. Finally give it back and all zebras get locked up at your store

1. on your way out for the day, grab a zebra someone else just used & don't sign it out
2. stash it with a freshly charged battery not attached
3. use it the next work day.
4. repeat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back