How to do a Target Plus Return.

Dmj958

Salesfloor TL
I tried doing my first Target plus return today and the POS wouldn't let me refund the guest her money. I got to the reason for return screen and then it says "item not found". Can someone walk me through how to do it correctly?

you might have to call Target Guest Relations and have them process the return on their end if POS isn't accepting it.

but typically you should just scan the guest's online receipt and scan the item like normal. sometimes receipt lookup doesn't work, and you'll never be able to do it with no receipt.

What is Target plus?
I am GS I have never heard of Target plus return?
Formerly known as Target Storefront. Essentially items that are sold by third parties on our site. All returns are RTV and require a receipt or card or gift receipt.

try typing TCIN if scanning the item after receipt/card lookup fails. Otherwise call guest services.

It gets sent back to the vendor as if the guest had returned it I would imagine. We were told to never defect Target Plus merchandise and it’s Return to Vendor.

Last edited:
Oh, like Return to Stock items... they should be sent to your receiver to print a label and send back to vendor.
since there are no registers in the backroom, guest services should be printing the target plus label at the moment the item is returned. otherwise, it can be done any time, but the receiver shouldn't have to be the one to print the labels. they should be ready for pickup by the receiver or brought to Reverse Logistics.

since there are no registers in the backroom, guest services should be printing the target plus label at the moment the item is returned. otherwise, it can be done any time, but the receiver shouldn't have to be the one to print the labels. they should be ready for pickup by the receiver or brought to Reverse Logistics.

This. We send that shit back up front all the time. Without the TCIN we can't do squat with it. I just wish the front end would have more than one person who knows this. When she doesn't work we get swamped with this crap.

This. We send that shit back up front all the time. Without the TCIN we can't do squat with it. I just wish the front end would have more than one person who knows this. When she doesn't work we get swamped with this crap.
Especially bc the upc is usually not linked properly. I try to submit NOFs for them but I’m def the only one who does. You can try searching for the item in the target app but that’s usually it.

Especially bc the upc is usually not linked properly. I try to submit NOFs for them but I’m def the only one who does. You can try searching for the item in the target app but that’s usually it.
It doesn’t show “Target +, Bring to reverse logistics” when scanning the UPC on MyWork? I understand the POS will be confused but when POS is defecting it, it’ll understand it’s Target Plus. I still need the defective label as we can’t use a UPC to send back Target plus items.

It doesn’t show “Target +, Bring to reverse logistics” when scanning the UPC on MyWork? I understand the POS will be confused but when POS is defecting it, it’ll understand it’s Target Plus. I still need the defective label as we can’t use a UPC to send back Target plus items.
UPC (when properly linked) can be typed into POS print labels to reprint t+ sticker. You can also call I think 733 and they can help.

UPC (when properly linked) can be typed into POS print labels to reprint t+ sticker. You can also call I think 733 and they can help.
I haven’t experienced any improperly linked Target Plus. I check the Target Plus Return report to make sure all of them are at reverse logistics and all of the listed UPCs appear to work.

Last edited:
Back