Answered How to ensure all reshop is put away by close of business

How does your store ensure reshop is 100% put away close of business every night?
I’m struggling need a better routine?

Not always. Try to get reshop done while zoning. I usually knock out reshop, first. Ido a fast zone in the area of the reshop when I put it away. Get your new reshop throughout the night, don't wait for the call out. Take any other sections not yours, to the other experts or up to gs.

Everything now is about routines and ensuring that the routines are followed by every dbo. Reshop shouldn't get to a point where it should be difficult to put away, basing off of your other post, I'm assuming your a closing expert. Closing experts should be viewed as a person that helps reshop not as a catch all to get reshop done everyday. Areas like kitchen and chemicals shouldnt have that much reshop amd shouldnt need help, where areas like toys is usually a mess.

^^ Ha.

Closing experts at my store do ALL the reshot that has accumulated throughout the day. Typically they grab it first and then zone after. Reshop is more important than zone tbh.

Well, usually it doesn't happen. All DBOs are supposed to pick up reshop a couple times each shift, but it seems like I'm one of the few who actually does it at my store. Almost always, there's reshop left up front when I arrive at 6 a.m. And often, I find several items in my area on my first walk-through.
I can tell the previous day's guest traffic was slow if all the reshop is actually taken care of.
One thing that can really help is to keep the reshop sorted. We have 3 triple-tier carts behind the service desk. If the reshop is kept at least mostly sorted, the DBOs can collect it quickly.

Reshop needs to be worked regularly, it's the only way. There's no magic solution, DBOs and Closing Experts just need to push it. In my store, Style has struggled mightily to keep up many times because DBOs straight up ignore it until it gets overwhelming.

Our district laid out a plan that works well at least at my store to where every time you go to break or lunch u bring any out of area items to guest service. When coming back from break or lunch you pick up any reshop for your area. That goes for all TMs including TLs per DSD. It cuts down on the amount of reshop at guest service at all times

For our store we are expected to leave no reshop all the bins where we sort reshop should be empty for morning crew. Is that an expectation at anyone else’s store? If so how do you accomplish it? There’s only 1 closing expert (me) the closing TL and a tech, beauty and consumables closer so I’m expected to get all of the abandoned done except tech beauty and consumables. And get a good zone. I wanna meet these expectations set for me. Please help.

Hey there, I was actually my store’s first ever closing expert. How familiar are you with your store’s layout? I’ll share my routine, sorry if it seems dumb.

When I come first come in at night I grab equipment and IMMEDIATELY grab whatever cart is nearby and load it with all of the store’s reshop. I grab beauty and electronics’ reshop and their cases/spider wraps and take those with me as well. Within 2-3 minutes of clocking in, I have all of the items at least separated into two parts, or preferably I put items in each corner of a two tier and fill in towards the middle. Face barcodes up if you don’t know where items go. For example, on the bottom level of the two tier, each corner might be market, bts, toys, and home. We keep large totes in a big red cabinet behind gs, so if one or two are extremely full then I might just take those two and split it. Don’t pay attention to aisle number, just a brief area. For example, don’t feel the need to sort items A1,2,3,4. Too much time.

Next, I let my leader know I’m here for the night and am heading to wherever they are in the store by 5 minutes into my shift.

Featured here are my store’s guest service people still arguing about who should go to that darn drive up order from before I walked in.

Anyways, I like to greet my leader face to face, but walkie would do. The whole time I’m talking to her, I am rearranging items in my cart and thinking of how I will work it out. Big takeaway is to use your understanding of your salesfloor’s layout to your advantage! Start with whatever area you are in or next to, then figure out how is the best way to circle around the store without having to retrace your steps. You will a few times, but you get the point. When you’re done, check on reshop again. If it’s empty or only a couple of items per area, you can gauge how the night will go and you will know how often to return to the front.

Too many people at my store have this idea in their head that just because it’s not their area, they don’t have to deal with it. No, but it is your store. Don’t be that asshole

they make us work out our own strays and we arent allowed to bring up strays to the front

Our district laid out a plan that works well at least at my store to where every time you go to break or lunch u bring any out of area items to guest service. When coming back from break or lunch you pick up any reshop for your area. That goes for all TMs including TLs per DSD. It cuts down on the amount of reshop at guest service at all times

This... every morning when I was a TM. We grab our reshop after clocking in, work those and either work our strays for other department ourselves or give those strays to the DBO of that area. There should be no reshop when the store opens. Then after breaks and lunch, tms are supposed to check for reshop for their department.

For Closers, they do reshop first before anything else. They are told to clear the guest service cleared and to keep it cleared. Reshops are then collected again around 7pm and again after the store closes. With this, we usually have only 2 tier carts for reshop and they're not full carts.

The Closing TL also goes around the store to collect strays so that hopefully, reshops are minimal in the morning.

And yes, it is very helpful to know the store's layout in order to do reshops quickly and less painful.

For our store we are expected to leave no reshop all the bins where we sort reshop should be empty for morning crew. Is that an expectation at anyone else’s store? If so how do you accomplish it? There’s only 1 closing expert (me) the closing TL and a tech, beauty and consumables closer so I’m expected to get all of the abandoned done except tech beauty and consumables. And get a good zone. I wanna meet these expectations set for me. Please help.
Sometimes TARGET just needs a reality check on their "expectations". Don't beat yourself up over not getting everything done that is "expected" of you. Do the best that you can do and that's all that should be "expected" of you.

Back