Archived How to Get to HR

Status
Not open for further replies.

LazerKitty

Former Beauty Queen
Hey Gang!
Sorry if this has been posted before, I swear I did look.
Anyhow! Does anyone know if it's possible to come in to Target with little retail experience, hired as a TM Hardlines or something just as crappy, and become HR?
What routes would you need to take, etc. to get into this position?
Any info is appreciated. Thanks, dudes!

Having the attitude that hardlines or many other team member positions are a "crappy" job is not in line with a personality that ANYONE is going to want to have in HR. That said, yeah, it's possible. Easy even. But just know HR team members are not above what their fellow team members do, and in many cases they will still have to do things like work as a cashier, push stock to the floor, and zone the sales floor when their help is needed.

Generally if someone has some clerical/office experience or someone who is very detailed, organized, and professional, they would probably be desired for HRTM.

If you are looking to be anything more like an ETL-HR. You will need a degree in Human Resources or Business Management.

Having the attitude that hardlines or many other team member positions are a "crappy" job is not in line with a personality that ANYONE is going to want to have in HR. That said, yeah, it's possible. Easy even. But just know HR team members are not above what their fellow team members do, and in many cases they will still have to do things like work as a cashier, push stock to the floor, and zone the sales floor when their help is needed.

Damn I knew ASANTS but that's cray cray

The HR TMs in my store work in RTW, often.

Oh lord. I didn't mean it like that. Sorry if I sounded like an asshole.
I have worked several workcenters at Target and seriously they are all equally good and sometimes crappy. I work hard, show initiative, have a great attitude and have already been promoted. I don't believe I'm above anyone or deserve a position that is above anyone. I am only looking to HR because I have a degree that would put me in that career even if it wasn't at Target. I guess what I'm wondering is if it's worth it to stay with and invest my time in Target with a goal of working in HR or move on.
Thanks for the responses!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back