Archived How to go above and beyond your job

Status
Not open for further replies.
So im a flow team member and on my review they said i would of gotten a better score of i did things that were above what im supposed to be doing. So with flow what are some things i can do beside improving my box speed

Endcaps. Check them regularly. Offer to push "challenge" if your store does that. Flexibility. Added truck? No sweat. Big FDC truck? On it. Look at how your role can aide others. Zone something that looks like crap. Don't overstock and explain to others why it matters. All kinds of things other can add I'm sure

Above is spot on. Training others, catching errors, checking second locations are all huge. My old store was a 4am so interacting with guest (which a lot of flow members avoid) is another way to impress leaders.

Another big thing is when you are on the clock stay busy. If you finish a task jump in and help someone else or ask what to do next. I am constantly amazed at the number of tms who will stand around like they have nothing to do...while watching other tms bust their ass . If you see a new tm struggling and looking lost jump in and ask them if they have any questions.

The real way is to kiss ass. Use Target lingo like brand and partner and agree to be the middle man between your TL and TMs.

Bonus points if you agree to become a trainer. You can do more work for the same pay!

I asked to be cross trained to other sections of the store on overnights. Might be another direction you can take.

Make sure you offer to help, instead of being asked to help. Or waiting to be told what to do when one task is finished. Seek out your LOD and find out what's next.

Exactly what everyone has already said. If you want to go above and beyond your box speed you need to go outside of your role. Be a role model, train and help others. When the TL or ETL ask you to stay, stay. Be adaptable. Do your job to the max, as well as you can.

As far as becoming a trainer goes...its a little more work, but you're just showing a new TM how to do their job. It shows that there's more to you than just showing up, doing your job and going home. You care enough to spend extra time and effort to help out new team members.

Every day I see half a dozen things that should be done but aren't wrt the flow process. The ability to recognize what should be done and the willingness to pick up that slack is what I aim for. Those are the traits that I see in our best veterans also.

And I mean simple things like hopping over to a different spot on the line to help, grab some trash to take with me if I need to walk to the backroom, don't leave the backroom empty handed etc. We have been short staffed since February so I find a lot of places where I'm clutch helping the whole team instead of being a plastic ripping robot in SL.

Communicate a lot. Being one of the hardest workers obviously helps but make sure your leads are aware of all you're doing. Answer calls for assistance (and always use your name when you do), let your TLs know what extra work you got done in your shift, let them know what problems you found/fixed, ask where else you can help or what more you can do. It seems teacher's pet-ish, but the fact is they often won't notice just how hard you're working if you don't literally say it to their face. Answering walkie calls alone will earn you brownie points even with the ETLs who don't leave their offices all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back