I'm Lost! How to operate a cashier

Hello, my second shift is tomorriw and I want to know how do I log into the cashier and how do I operate it, anything tips will be appreciated thanks!!!

Search the site for "cashier help" or "guest advocate help" and you will see some threads on it that can help you.
At Target the correct term is guest advocate not cashier.
Good luck to you.

You should also ask your fellow advocates if you can't remember any steps for logging on and getting started. If you HAVEN'T trained yet, they should be training you on that shift. But, since this will be your second shift, just ask an advocate near you to refresh you.

Search the site for "cashier help" or "guest advocate help" and you will see some threads on it that can help you.
At Target the correct term is guest advocate not cashier.
Good luck to you.

Interesting, at my store, we call it "Checkout Advocate". Guest Advocate would make more sense to me.

Interesting, at my store, we call it "Checkout Advocate". Guest Advocate would make more sense to me.
All FOS TMs are technically Guest Advocates since we all are supposed to make the experience for the Guest. That's our proper title no matter what part of the front end we work.

There are three sub-workcenters you'll be in:
  • Checkout Advocate – a cashier either on a lane or SCO
  • Service Advocate – a Guest Service Desk Team Member
  • Front of Store Attendant – cart attendant

Hello, my second shift is tomorriw and I want to know how do I log into the cashier and how do I operate it, anything tips will be appreciated thanks!!!
Hey welcome aboard! Hope your adventure with Target is a fun one!

As everyone else has alluded, it's best to partner with a seasoned Team Member or Team Leader at your store to learn cashier operations. Not much will come of us telling you what to do if you aren't practicing on a real register.

That being said, this being a public forum and no 100% way to keep non-TMs out, we don't share information about register operations here. We don't want people who shouldn't know what keys to push knowing the stuff, so you'll find very few instructions on the way to manipulate POS here.

Glad you're eager to start learning and researching on your own!! :)

I am disappoint! I thought this was gonna be about scamming a cashier!

Wurds - how do they work?

Let me show you

SpecificSadInchworm-size_restricted.gif

BcVjX5.gif

All FOS TMs are technically Guest Advocates since we all are supposed to make the experience for the Guest. That's our proper title no matter what part of the front end we work.

There are three sub-workcenters you'll be in:
  • Checkout Advocate – a cashier either on a lane or SCO
  • Service Advocate – a Guest Service Desk Team Member
  • Front of Store Attendant – cart attendant

Some stores also just schedule both Service Advocates and Checkout Advocates together. Not sure if we're still considered iGS, but we were before they remodeled and put our GS where Food Ave used to be, but we still don't schedule people at the service desk, we just schedule everyone as a Checkout Advocate (aside from FOSA's, those are separate), and then have them decide amongst themselves who goes where (or have the SETL tell them where to go).

Cashiers you can not operate first of all. Our store don't have cashiers we are advocates and unfortunately we will not advocate your request.

Some stores also just schedule both Service Advocates and Checkout Advocates together. Not sure if we're still considered iGS, but we were before they remodeled and put our GS where Food Ave used to be, but we still don't schedule people at the service desk, we just schedule everyone as a Checkout Advocate (aside from FOSA's, those are separate), and then have them decide amongst themselves who goes where (or have the SETL tell them where to go).

IGS was the stupidest model ever. Glad it's being scrapped. Sucks to lose Cafe/Food Avenue tho. That pizza came clutch on my 15s lol.

My store kinda does this but then it's more like anyone is scheduled in any of the three but they want to follow it if it's convenient and the FOS Attendant is actually someone who isn't trained in Carts so we gotta break the assignment and people get mad.

Back