Archived How to receive paychecks after quitting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I started working at Target about a month and a half ago. So far, it's been pretty crappy. It was my first job, so I'm probably pretty ignorant to how things normally work. I haven't been paid once yet, despite asking about paychecks. I never got to fill out tax forms or my direct deposit information until a week later when I researched it online and called the hotline. Anyway, recently I had to quit because I was put on home and hospital by my doctor because of medical reasons, so I could no longer keep my work permit. I called at LEAST 10 times the day before my shift and 2 hours before my shift, but eventually after all my calls not being answered (actually was hung up on once) I gave up. I just want to know how to paid, I can't leave my home for a few weeks, but would it be appropriate for my mom to pick up my checks? Will they eventually just mail them?

So, I started working at Target about a month and a half ago. So far, it's been pretty crappy. It was my first job, so I'm probably pretty ignorant to how things normally work. I haven't been paid once yet, despite asking about paychecks. I never got to fill out tax forms or my direct deposit information until a week later when I researched it online and called the hotline. Anyway, recently I had to quit because I was put on home and hospital by my doctor because of medical reasons, so I could no longer keep my work permit. I called at LEAST 10 times the day before my shift and 2 hours before my shift, but eventually after all my calls not being answered (actually was hung up on once) I gave up. I just want to know how to paid, I can't leave my home for a few weeks, but would it be appropriate for my mom to pick up my checks? Will they eventually just mail them?
So much time and effort wasted. Who are these leaders hiring people like you. The OP’s post is riddled with excuses and incompetence. Smh

I have leukemia and have to travel for treatment and since I'm a minor I was determined to no longer be fit to have a job/lost my work permit and had to quit or Target would be fined.

I have leukemia and have to travel for treatment and since I'm a minor I was determined to no longer be fit to have a job/lost my work permit and had to quit or Target would be fined.

I would do as @HRZone said and ask to have your paychecks mailed. They wouldn't release them to your mom or anyone else. I'm sorry to hear about your illness and wish you only the best. When you're well enough to have a job again, make sure you find out information about pay checks and tax forms from HR during your orientation or at some point before you start working.

As others have said, call your HR to fill them in if they don't already know.
Chalk the rest up to experience.
Get better soon, kiddo.

Call the store and ask if they can do this for you. I haven't mailed any checks in two weeks I'm just too busy. (We don't have a secure mailbox so it requires me going to the post office)[/QUOTE]

How does one get to busy to perform their job correctly? I have been told that it is company policy for checks to be mailed within 2 weeks.

How does one get to busy to perform their job correctly? I have been told that it is company policy for checks to be mailed within 2 weeks.

Reading comprehension...

I never said I don't mail them within two weeks and no I don't go out of my way to mail them to folks who stop showing up. I am much more concerned about the team members still working at the store.

Reading comprehension...

I never said I don't mail them within two weeks and no I don't go out of my way to mail them to folks who stop showing up. I am much more concerned about the team members still working at the store.

Reread what you posted. you clearly say you are to busy to mail the checks. Maybe you should correct your statement before trying to attack me. You brag all the time about how great you are and how important your job is, but yet you seem to admit to dropping the ball in this case.

Reread what you posted. you clearly say you are to busy to mail the checks. Maybe you should correct your statement before trying to attack me. You brag all the time about how great you are and how important your job is, but yet you seem to admit to dropping the ball in this case.

I don't brag about how great I am. I know I'm a small part of a huge team. My point was if someone wants their check immediately they need to come and get it themselves. If you have better advice for the OP to get their check sooner you share that with us ;)

Me saying I haven't been in two weeks doesn't mean I am hiding someone's check. I am not going to go to the post office off the clock considering that's a fireable offense.

Last edited:

Call the store and ask for your checks to be mailed. I am sorry to hear about your diagnosis and I wish you the best!

Nope this is not allowed

Call the store and ask if they can do this for you. I haven't mailed any checks in two weeks I'm just too busy. (We don't have a secure mailbox so it requires me going to the post office)

I haven't made it to the post office in a couple of weeks either! There aren't any mailboxes on my way home either anymore. Luckily all team members who decided the job wasn't for them, came in and picked up their checks.

I don't brag about how great I am. I know I'm a small part of a huge team.

Yeah, geez, stop showing off so much, HRZone. ;)
:p

But seriously, I am glad that you post on this forum. I really enjoy reading what you write as a fellow HRTM who I can relate to since we experience similar things at work. I rarely see the rest of my store HR team (we communicate mainly through e-mail) :( so it's nice to be able to share stuff with you and everyone else here at The Break Room.

Last edited:
Yeah, geez, stop showing off so much, HRZone. ;) :p

But seriously, I am glad that you post on this forum. I really enjoy reading what you write as a fellow HRTM who I can relate to since we experience similar things at work. I rarely see the rest of my store HR team (we communicate mainly through e-mail) :( so it's nice to be able to share stuff with you and everyone else here at The Break Room.

Thanks for the kind words. My old store had 4 hrtms so yourself @LUR99, @HRLadie @HRPrincess are a great resource for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back