How Would You Rank These

In terms of busiest, how would you rank today through Christmas? I’d say 1) Christmas Eve, 2) Christmas Eve-Eve, 3) Today. Just trying to get an idea

This Christmas Eve it’s going to rain heavy with a 55F for my place! At my store people love to shop when it’s rainy 😂

I apparently ruined someone's Christmas last year cause she placed a 50 item order 20 minutes before we closed and came in 10 minutes later really upset. And there was like 1 toy and the rest was chem or food.

I can’t believe how fast things are getting sold this time . Last year we had a ton of discontinued stuff in break room . I don’t think we ll get any this time .. not even the candy canes 🙄

Oh I think Christmas Eve is pretty bad once every other store closes at 6 and Target is still open for 2 more hours. That's when the desperate guests come and wonder WHY DON'T YOU HAVE THIS? and it's just gross and panicky and not very fun.

Yeah, but at least it's only the really pathetic people, and it's not a bajillion of them. I noticed when I worked at a different retailer that it was mostly the deadbeat parents that had to show up to Christmas with a gift for the kid they can't be bothered to care about, and are just looking for cheap crap so they can play Dad of the Year for their parents while they get drunk and their own mother handles the actual caring for the child.

ETA: And also the awesome parents who found out on Christmas eve that their kid is bringing a new boyfriend/girlfriend and they need more gifts for someone they've never met. It always warms my heart when they hear that a niece/nephew is bringing a SO that has kids and the family sends someone out to get gifts for this kid they've never met and haven't heard of before today.

I can’t believe how fast things are getting sold this time . Last year we had a ton of discontinued stuff in break room . I don’t think we ll get any this time .. not even the candy canes 🙄
Same here. I can't believe the candy canes are gone. Even the vendor stuff is selling too fast to keep up with in our store.

I bought the last candy canes at my store. By bought, I mean I ordered all the special flavored ones for pickup that we had left. I freaking love Jelly Belly and Hot Tamale candy canes. They are now ALL MINE.

I bought the last candy canes at my store. By bought, I mean I ordered all the special flavored ones for pickup that we had left. I freaking love Jelly Belly and Hot Tamale candy canes. They are now ALL MINE.
I like jelly belly too . Never had hot tamale though.

Christmas eve then day before....

You will be surprised this year how many people will still be shopping

And this is when you will see all the stuff that hasn't moved all season fly off the shelves. That mustard yellow Goodfellow pullover and orange henley that have been stacked high for two months? Gone. Those 40 dollar sweaters and All in Motion jackets that people keep saying are too expensive? Desperation loosens the purse strings.

Take it people, take it all!

I always say Christmas Eve is the absolute worst day to work. We used to slow down, but the last 3 years closing have been horrendous. 2 years ago it took us 45 minutes after close to get guests out of the store. Everyone is desperate and angry because nothing they want is in stock.

Saturday before Xmas is historically the busiest day of the year, sales wise. It just gets more frantic as it gets closer. Now the men are starting to shop.

As a man myself, I found it pretty amusing to see all the guys out shopping and looking like they had no clue about anything they were doing 😂

I always say Christmas Eve is the absolute worst day to work. We used to slow down, but the last 3 years closing have been horrendous. 2 years ago it took us 45 minutes after close to get guests out of the store. Everyone is desperate and angry because nothing they want is in stock.

I’m only scheduled through 7:30 so I’m assuming I’m not part of the closing team

Back