HR Changing schedule without me knowing

RandomTeamMember

The Request Has Been Cleared
UPDATE: HR got fired. I’m guessing for this problem and a few other issues she was terminated.

Hello. A few people at my target have been having issues with HR changing their schedule days before from what it originally was and then ended up missing work because they didn’t know they worked. My one friend was originally scheduled for 7:30 am one day and then found out when he got there they changed it for the next day. My brother completely missed a day of work because they changed his schedule a few days prior and did not notify him. Can someone from HR tell me the rules regarding this? What the latest HR can change your schedule before you work? It’s seriously become an issue and not sure what to do at this point.

Last edited:
Take a picture of the wall schedule when it's posted. They have to inform you if any of that changes.

Kronos pulls the schedule for a given week on a lag (I tell my team it's once per day but I don't know, better they just don't trust it) and that schedule is NOT firm until the wall schedule is posted, and the wall schedule overrides Kronos unless you have spoken to your leader directly.

I'm not HR but my TL told me the paper schedule on the wall is the official one. That's what you go by.

As a one day a week person this is ridiculous, honestly. My only way of knowing is Kronos.

Thankfully Kronos usually changes within the day, but thats also a problem when I already had plans and suddenly I have more days. Even worse if Kronos isn't working (like today)

For DC members we've been taking screenshots of mytime because they either don't update it or even if they do, it's still never as accurate as the old call in line was because the call in line HAD NO LAG IN UPDATING. Sorry. Had to emphasize the obvious.

All of the online ways to look at your schedule have the potential to pull from mytime before your store finalizss the schedule. Always use the wall schedule.

Right but if some people are only scheduled 1 or 2 days a week, you're not there to actually check it everyday for any potential changes.

That’s a culture issue, that is not how it is at every store. At my store we would never change a schedule without talking to affected TMs first. I can acknowledge that not all stores do this. They were too busy seeing if they could and didn’t spend nearly enough time asking themselves if they should.

Golden rule applies here. Don’t fuck around with someone’s schedule if you don’t want yours fucked with.

I experienced this twice during 4th quarter. My schedule was updated in Kronos, but not on the paper schedule. My Exec HR is relatively new & simply forgot to notify me. Or even ask if the change was ok. I'm often taken for granted, but don't complain much because I'm getting hours.

Just put a sheet of paper over the info for the person who is above you and below you on the schedule. Then take your picture of the schedule. You're CYA yet protecting your coworkers privacy, IF that's what HR is truly worried about.

I check the wall schedule, then print out a copy from Mytime at home and make sure they match.

There's a big sign next to our schedule that says DO NOT TAKE PHOTOS OF THE SCHEDULE

There’s really no need to take a photo of it anyway. If you don’t use Kronos or MyTime just write it down. We have a similar note and write up TMs caught taking a photo of it.

Back