Archived HRTM feeling useless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any HRTMs out there feel like they have no purpose for Target anymore? There is hardly any work for me and when I started I was told I would be getting 35-40 hours... now I barely get over 20. I was told that my role with making the schedule will change as well so I'm not even sure what will be going on with that. Anyone else in the same boat as me?

Most of our HRTM's moved to other departments: GSA, Electronics, VM, etc
The only department with worse hours now are the TPS TM's.

Most of our HRTM's moved to other departments: GSA, Electronics, VM, etc
The only department with worse hours now are the TPS TM's.
How are the TPS's hours being changed? They should be some of the most steady hours in the entire store.

Any HRTMs out there feel like they have no purpose for Target anymore? There is hardly any work for me and when I started I was told I would be getting 35-40 hours... now I barely get over 20. I was told that my role with making the schedule will change as well so I'm not even sure what will be going on with that. Anyone else in the same boat as me?

Kinda the opposite here. My store has gotten more hours for HR due to the fact we have to write the whole schedule now.

The key is to help the store in other ways when HR. If you finish your task jump on the sales floor or cashier.

At my old store as the second hrtm my hours would vary from 8 to 40. I learned to utilize every minute and help out on the sales floor. My ETL HR started giving me more hours knowing when I was done with HR task I would help on the floor. Others ETLs wouldn't say s--- because I did more than their regular tms and some of them tried to steal me form HR.

How are the TPS's hours being changed? They should be some of the most steady hours in the entire store.

Our best TPS left because he got less than 30 hours, probably 20. I'm more surprised to see them than I am not to see them. The ones who are still here get 20 hours I think?
I don't think that anyone on our TPS team is old enough to buy beer now.

For now I have very close to 40 hours but we currently don't have an HR ETL or HR TL so it is just me. Once we get a HR TL I don't know what will happen to my hours. There have been a lot of changes at our store recently.

Our TPS works 5 days a week around 7-8 hours a day. I don't see how they need all those hours but then again that's one of the positions I don't ever experience. I feel like our PMT is more useful than the TPS but they both get the same hours usually. I know they're not related but I'm just commenting on the oddity of both working similar hours a week and one not doing nearly as much work visibly that I am aware of.

That being said, is there any way to do cash office and ONLY cash office? I've come to the realization that I'm starting despise guests at the service desk and am starting to slowly hate coming to work when before I didn't feel this way all the time.

Our TPS works 5 days a week around 7-8 hours a day. I don't see how they need all those hours but then again that's one of the positions I don't ever experience. I feel like our PMT is more useful than the TPS but they both get the same hours usually. I know they're not related but I'm just commenting on the oddity of both working similar hours a week and one not doing nearly as much work visibly that I am aware of.

There's a lot that goes on behind the scenes, trust me.

That being said, is there any way to do cash office and ONLY cash office? I've come to the realization that I'm starting despise guests at the service desk and am starting to slowly hate coming to work when before I didn't feel this way all the time.
You'd get abysmally low hours, and you'd have to do something else in your at least 3 hours of work because cash office doesn't take that long.

Show initiative, be bold and efficient in every task you are assigned, you'll be swimming in hours!

Interesting take. TPS' are important.

Cash office shifts are about 2 hours long so that wouldn't work. Maybe Backroom would be an option for you?

Working Service Desk is like being a Police Officer. You start to get jaded and think that everyone is pulling a scam. It will suck the life out of you. I can only do it for so long. I hate kissing ass on scummy people. Not everyone is bad, just the ones that are will kill your soul.

Interesting take. TPS' are important.

Asants. My old store we had a really good TPS. He was great at guest servicing shady people, kept us up to date on the latest scams. And even though he couldn't apprehend he would stop theft with his voice.

At my new store they are worthless except our female tps. One has hit compliance three times in two weeks (he's on a final), they are all 18 or 19 so they are way too buddy buddy with tms. One let someone push out because he was flirting with the Starbucks gal rather than watching the door.

Some think because they can't app they should just complain about their job. With that attitude they will never get to aps/aptl

Some think because they can't app they should just complain about their job. With that attitude they will never get to aps/aptl

The word of the day is prevention. And an ounce of prevention is better than a pound of um... apprehension.

...or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back