Archived I’m fixing to quit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m a GSTL at mid average volume store and its gone from fun to stressful. I’m getting yelled at by all these different managers when the STL says do not do OPU and an ETL will make me do them or they’ll send me home early or cut my hours than my STL yells at me when I show up on the report. When i try to explain he just ignores me and says no excuses I told you no.

If your ETLs aren't willing to do what their own boss tells them, and allows the blame to fall on you because they can't figure things out, it's likely time to move on before things get really messed up in a month or two, sadly.
Your STL should be talking to HIS direct reports, too, instead of relying on you to fight between them.
This is not going to go well during modernization roll outs.

^This. Your store has “leaders” but is apparently running without leadership. My store was in a similar position. The STL would give an assignment and as soon as the ETL found out about it would tell you that could wait and to do something else, apparently to set people up to fail. Damned if you do and damned if you don’t. The ETL blamed the TLs for her own lack of understanding of the process and inability to lead the team to success. Our STL wouldn’t even bother to ask the team what was going on, just took the ETL’s word I guess, and didn’t question her blaming the TLs for everything. Strange how her workcenter ran like clockwork under all its previous ETLs.🙄 If our STL would have held the ETL(s) accountable for their actions, or even been aware of what they were, the store would not have had so many tenured TLs/TMs walk in a matter of months. Your store sounds the same. ETLs should not be pursuing their own agendas instead of doing what their boss tells them, the STL needs to keep the ETLs in line, and letting the blame fall on the team is despicable. Time to cut your losses and move on to greener pastures. Good luck.😁

same.

Except my situation is I'm pretty much being picked over a bossy guy who's always been bossy for some sort of leadership position rather than moi. It's not a unique situation, and I'll admit; he's just better than me at bossing the team around and he's gotten use to it. Oh well. I had hope because there was a guy who got hired as a GSA last year who got to Sr. TL status. He went from GSA >>> Team Lead Remodel >>> Team Lead Hardlines and doing LOD shifts >>> Sr. TL Grocery w/ LOD shifts and he's the most cool, laid back guy. No one can hate him. He doesn't just "boss" around but he still gets shit done, the team likes him, everyone else likes him. I strive to be like him, he brings a lot of motivation to the store and to his team.

The guy I'm being glossed over for is none of those things. He literally just bosses people around, he's just a team member. He treats everyone like they haven't been there for almost ten years. He's only been here for two years. Me, nearly four years. Kind of sucks. I think it just means try a different retail store or another Target store lol... might just transfer or something. I'm the only one that talks down to him or speaks up to him when he's getting overzealous or doing jack shit while the rest of us work to get truck done. Our Dairy PA seems to be catching on that this partnership going on between him and the TL is kind of bullshit, and that makes me really happy. He tries to tell our Dairy PA who has years of seniority over him what to do and it's fucking funny as hell when he straight up refuses. I need to learn to do that.

I think you could definitely try to do a transfer, but quitting might also open you up to a much better opportunity... you never know.

Me too, cause I can’t seem to get to the bottom of the issue, and speak to people like adults so I can be clear on my role. I also can’t approach people and tell them my side of things, so I am going to quit. Cause its truly the only way to deal with a situation like that, easier too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back