I’m thinking of doing a business major and interning at Target but I have some questions

I’ve worked at Target since 2013 as a consumables team member. I’m also in college right now and thinking of majoring in business. I had no idea Target accepted internships until last year when our store had a woman follow several ETLs around for months and she told us she was an intern. I think that would be great for me! I just don’t know the process. Does Target accept team members as interns or do they prefer outside-hires? And are you expected to stay on after the internship (which is totally fine with me since I love Target and have no plans of leaving)? And what all does interning entail?

It all depends on what you're interning for.
You apply for the internship just like a job on the Target Careers website. Here's one listing for a store management (an ETL in the making, basically) intern:

The internship is usually designed to get you a job offer afterwards. My ETL went through it and was given the job offer fresh after graduation. They will mold you into what they want from an ETL and send you to a store to do the internship like you describe, shadowing the store leadership and participating in projects within the store.

It all depends on what you're interning for.
You apply for the internship just like a job on the Target Careers website. Here's one listing for a store management (an ETL in the making, basically) intern:

The internship is usually designed to get you a job offer afterwards. My ETL went through it and was given the job offer fresh after graduation. They will mold you into what they want from an ETL and send you to a store to do the internship like you describe, shadowing the store leadership and participating in projects within the store.
Thank you for the information you linked! I will read it as soon as I can.

Back