I'm Lost! I’ve had the worst first week ever

So it really isn’t anybody’s fault, but I feel like target wants to see me suffer. I got hired pretty easily. It’s seasonal, so they probably just hire anybody and everybody. The interviewer gave me the job on the spot and shook my hand. A few days later, I got a call from somebody at the store, and they said that they hired too many people so I couldn’t work there. But she said I could work at a nearby target that was still in need of people. I accepted the offer. She said that I didn’t have to worry about anything. They would take care of everything and that they know my situation and will help me transfer, but when I got to the Target on my first day of work, nobody knew my situation and nobody helped me. The HR and TL were even confused. My employee number wasn’t in the system because my “home store” is still the target that I was initially hired from, so I couldn’t punch in. My home store still hasn’t updated, so I bet I’m going to continue to have this issue. And I can’t fill out a W4 because my home store isn’t updated. My TL set me up at a computer for online training, and then went MIA for the rest of my shift, so they were no help. I had to wait 30 minutes for a random person to give me a time stamp correction form, and the person that gave me it was very suspicious of me. The correction still isn’t recorded on my Kronos, so I don’t know if it was denied or if they just take a long time to process? I had orientation at the store I was hired from before I was transferred, so I don't know where anything around the store is, and I was clearly expected to know where everything was. Anyway, I just needed to vent. I don’t even know if I should be frustrated or if this is normal. I don’t even know if I want to stay at the job because it is causing too much stress for a seasonal job that I will only have for 1-2 months. A lot of the threads I’ve read said that I should talk to my HR, but they weren’t any help. Any tips for making it through the first few weeks?

So it really isn’t anybody’s fault, but I feel like target wants to see me suffer. I got hired pretty easily. It’s seasonal, so they probably just hire anybody and everybody. The interviewer gave me the job on the spot and shook my hand. A few days later, I got a call from somebody at the store, and they said that they hired too many people so I couldn’t work there. But she said I could work at a nearby target that was still in need of people. I accepted the offer. She said that I didn’t have to worry about anything. They would take care of everything and that they know my situation and will help me transfer, but when I got to the Target on my first day of work, nobody knew my situation and nobody helped me. The HR and TL were even confused. My employee number wasn’t in the system because my “home store” is still the target that I was initially hired from, so I couldn’t punch in. My home store still hasn’t updated, so I bet I’m going to continue to have this issue. And I can’t fill out a W4 because my home store isn’t updated. My TL set me up at a computer for online training, and then went MIA for the rest of my shift, so they were no help. I had to wait 30 minutes for a random person to give me a time stamp correction form, and the person that gave me it was very suspicious of me. The correction still isn’t recorded on my Kronos, so I don’t know if it was denied or if they just take a long time to process? I had orientation at the store I was hired from before I was transferred, so I don't know where anything around the store is, and I was clearly expected to know where everything was. Anyway, I just needed to vent. I don’t even know if I should be frustrated or if this is normal. I don’t even know if I want to stay at the job because it is causing too much stress for a seasonal job that I will only have for 1-2 months. A lot of the threads I’ve read said that I should talk to my HR, but they weren’t any help. Any tips for making it through the first few weeks?
Oh boy! I had a mini rant in my mind... this is so unprofessional and REDICULOUS! I’m sorry this happened. It’s sad because I would love to point fingers and name some names but unfortunately I feel like seeing how overwhelmed all work centers are in my store it isn’t shocking. The company in general can’t make its mind up on anything fully so communication is absolutely non existent and that’s a problem! I’m assuming you need the job or would not have taken spot at the option given. So definitely in person request to talk with original ETL hr and don’t leave til they have communicated with the other. BUT...I must say on the crappiest of days and thinking grass is greener on the other side.... I would say... RUN AWAY! FAST! I can’t imagine what your training, paychecks,scheduling, help of any kind would be. Good luck to you,

We had a TM who was a 20 year vet who transferred to a store 20 miles away. Their first day on the job the store director said I don’t know you, and you don’t work here and booted them out. Our SD had to call that SD to straighten them out because that stores HR didn’t complete their paper work.

long story short, if they’re still making you work they’ll still get you paid and get the paper work done. While everyone has their gripes about the company, one thing is true: you always get paid. Stores this time of year have 60-150 new bodies and managing all of that is painfully chaotic this time of year

We had a TM who was a 20 year vet who transferred to a store 20 miles away. Their first day on the job the store director said I don’t know you, and you don’t work here and booted them out. Our SD had to call that SD to straighten them out because that stores HR didn’t complete their paper work.

long story short, if they’re still making you work they’ll still get you paid and get the paper work done. While everyone has their gripes about the company, one thing is true: you always get paid. Stores this time of year have 60-150 new bodies and managing all of that is painfully chaotic this time of year
I hope that SD apologized for the nasty attitude towards a new worker.

I’m not 100% sure on the words exchanged after but the TM is still there a year later

We hired over 300 so you can imagine how hectic it has been!!
I want to cry over the 40ish we’ve hired. I don’t even want to think about 300 😭

But I’m the only HRE at my store, I’m sure you have a Team to keep that mess sorted out!

Back