Archived I don’t know what to do!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have a coworker that released information of my schedule to somebody that I don’t feel comfortable around today. He told them when I worked tomorrow! I’m so upset but I don’t know what to do because I’m scared that if I do something my whole department will dislike me since he’s worked there longer, and I don’t dislike the guy either. Please help me, I’m nervous for my shift tomorrow, and seriously don’t know what to do.

So I have a coworker that released information of my schedule to somebody that I don’t feel comfortable around today. He told them when I worked tomorrow! I’m so upset but I don’t know what to do because I’m scared that if I do something my whole department will dislike me since he’s worked there longer, and I don’t dislike the guy either. Please help me, I’m nervous for my shift tomorrow, and seriously don’t know what to do.
I’m pretty sure that is a HR issue. I’m not 100% sure, but that is who I would talk to. Definitely not supposed to give out people’s schedules.

Need some clarification here - do you mean a TM told someone outside the company when you work? Yeah, that would be an issue and you should tell HR and your TL immediately. Doesn't matter if the other TM has worked there longer, he went outside what's allowable.
As far as avoiding the person, this is something you're going to have to deal with eventually. They'd still be able to be at the store during one of your shifts, just coincidentally either because they have an idea of when you work most often (open, close, whatever) or because they're at the store rather frequently. So maybe you should talk to your AP person also. Use your walkie to call your TL or LOD to your location if you need to. You don't have to say why and maybe feel weird about it, just "hey, TL, could you come see me over in C-21 please?" If you've alerted your TL to the situation, they'll know why you're calling for assistance.

So talk to HR. They will probably put out that we shouldn’t be sharing target schedules with non Target people for the whole team. If they corner the individual specifically, not much you can do about that.

If you feel this individual is a danger to you, you need to file for a restraining order. Once you have a restraining* order, go to HR and they will make a plan for if the person enters the grounds. It will include response from LOD and AP as well as how to keep you safe (like go into the office area and stay there until a LOD comes and gets you).

Depending on why you don’t want to be around this person, there may be little the team can do, like if it is someone you don’t get along with vs a crazy ex that tried to kill you.

Tell your HR/AP: We have had a similar incident in the past with a current Tm telling a past Tm a schedule, AP gets involved.

Curious as almost every store I’ve supported/trained at has had this, but correct me if I’m wrong: is all HRs supposed to post the schedule on the “wall”?
My whole team looks at each other’s schedules to see if they could swap/switch shifts. Just wondering if the other person was a current tm..

Tell your HR/AP: We have had a similar incident in the past with a current Tm telling a past Tm a schedule, AP gets involved.

Curious as almost every store I’ve supported/trained at has had this, but correct me if I’m wrong: is all HRs supposed to post the schedule on the “wall”?
My whole team looks at each other’s schedules to see if they could swap/switch shifts. Just wondering if the other person was a current tm..
No they had texted me asking if I was working tmw, and I assumed he wanted me to cover his shift. I gave it to him and then he told me that the person wanted to know. This person is a guest and not someone I have/had personal relations with.

As others have said, go directly to your HR.
If someone had done that to me, I would've asked them why & mention it's an invasion of your privacy.
I would've also throat-punched them but you probably shouldn't do that yet.

I don't know if this is ASANTS or if all stores are this strict, but we can't release any schedule information over the phone to anyone, not even the TM, and we cannot release any schedule information to anyone else in person. If someone says "Hey can you tell me if my kid works tomorrow?" nope, doesn't matter if it's on the phone or leaning on the FR desk. I can't even tell charity solicitors when HR is going to next be in so they can follow up.

I know people told you the answer already, but please please please go to HR. This is one of the most important parts of their job. They will partner with your AP (complete confidentiality of course) and make sure you feel safe. Don’t feel as if they’ll favor the other person or you aren’t as important because you haven’t worked there as long.

Wish you the best.

Does the TM know that you have concerns about releasing your schedule to someone? I'm guessing they thought the person was a friend and didn't realize it wasn't someone you're concerned about. I would mention to HR/AP that there is someone asking about your schedule and you have concerns for your safety, but I would also mention it to the TM. Throwing a "hey, so I know you didn't know this, but that person isn't a friend of mine so if that person asks again what my schedule is, can you do me a favor and say you don't know?" at them will probably also be a good thing.

You mentioned "he" for the TM, and I'm guessing you're female, and a lot of dudes really just don't think about the safety issue of stuff like that. Not that they mean any harm by it or anything, but they just don't have that reflexive cautious response to stuff like that.

Does the TM know that you have concerns about releasing your schedule to someone?

Does it matter when the firm rule is to not release schedule information to other people? Someone shouldn't have to justify to another why they don't want their schedule released when the default is don't release anyone's schedule to anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back