Archived I failed my drug test?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!

I used to work at a Target down in Texas shortly before moving up to Seattle. I applied at one of the new Target's their opening a few blocks away. I was offered a position on the grounds that I could pass my drug test and background test. Seeing as how I don't do drugs and have never even had a ticket, I wasn't worried at all.
This morning, an HR from Target calls to inform me that I somehow failed my drug test. I haven't used drugs in four years, so obviously I was very surprised..
I'm now thinking that this medication I take (Bronkaid) which contains edphedrine could have been the reason I popped a positive. Bronkaid has been known to cause false positives, I had taken it the day before the test..

My fear is this,
Bronkaid is an over the counter medication for those with Asthma. Bronkaid has also widely been known to be useful to those looking to drop a few pounds. I was using it to lose a little bit of weight but I'm afraid that if I tell somebody that, they won't want to hire me.

I'm disputing the drug test results already because I need this job and I'm not on drugs. But what will happen when I confess why I really take the pills?

They didn't ask me to declare medications when I did mine a couple of weeks ago. I thought someone here said that if there is a negative that the company would call to confirm drugs before passing the results on to Target. Obviously that didn't happen either.

Or just stop taking it for 2-3 days. That's about how long it takes to get that stuff out of your system.

I used to take medication for adult ADD. It contained amphetamine salts. Rather than try to explain it and go through the trouble I just stopped taking two to three days before I thought I'd have to do the drugtest.

I failed my drug test too. Turns out someone wrong the date of the test for August when it was supposed to say September.

I asked the man who did my test if Bronkaid would effect it and he said 'no'. After failing, I did some research and Bronkaid apparently makes you pop positive for amphetamines.. The hardest thing I've ever done was weed and that was over four years ago.. It probably doesn't help that I accidentally told the Target manager/HR/something women who called me about the failed results that; "It's impossible! I haven't done anything in years!"
My mom says that's a red flag and they probably won't hire me knowing this... Which I really hope isn't true because everybody experiments and some point, I just didn't think before I said it. :(( I'm really stressing out because I spent five months unemployed looking for a job! I just moved out of my parents house and 2,000+ miles from them and all my friends. =\

Is there any sort of appeals process?

Well, I'm not sure. They gave me a number to call for the people who did the testing and told me I would have to dispute it. I called the number and they informed me it would be about 72 business hours before they could find anything out. I was thinking I could offer to test again at my own expense because I stopped taking the pills and I shouldn't pop this time.. But I'm going to wait and see what the drug people say first. They may be able to debunk the actual chemical compound considering the structure is different in the pills than the amphetamines. :/
I'm stressed as hell! Lol

plenty of drug users are employed at target. if target did a random test on every store level team member tomorrow, a lot of the top performers would be gone, and the only people left would be the people that nobody wants to be around or work at, at least a good number of them!

Lol oh yeah, I know this all too well. My old GSA was a heavy pot smoker! Actually, about 90% of everybody in the store did drugs.

^^^ yep, everybody knows the deal, not a whole lot of people wanna admit to the truth tho!

Lol well than I guess all I can do is hope that Target isn't in denial about this and decide to knock me off the hiring list for a vocal slip-up. :p

I like to think that I have a good chance at not being turned away for it because I'm experienced, cross-trained, friendly and good at what I do. That and I'd be working at a new 'City Target' that they're building and I may be the only employee with experience who won't need a GSA every five seconds. Lol

Hi!

I used to work at a Target down in Texas shortly before moving up to Seattle. I applied at one of the new Target's their opening a few blocks away. I was offered a position on the grounds that I could pass my drug test and background test. Seeing as how I don't do drugs and have never even had a ticket, I wasn't worried at all.
This morning, an HR from Target calls to inform me that I somehow failed my drug test. I haven't used drugs in four years, so obviously I was very surprised..
I'm now thinking that this medication I take (Bronkaid) which contains edphedrine could have been the reason I popped a positive. Bronkaid has been known to cause false positives, I had taken it the day before the test..

My fear is this,
Bronkaid is an over the counter medication for those with Asthma. Bronkaid has also widely been known to be useful to those looking to drop a few pounds. I was using it to lose a little bit of weight but I'm afraid that if I tell somebody that, they won't want to hire me.

I'm disputing the drug test results already because I need this job and I'm not on drugs. But what will happen when I confess why I really take the pills?

I don't know if you will get. Second chance or not, but no reason to tell them WHY you were talking anything, all they need to know is medication cause a false positive. Good luck! .... Or not .... Depends on if you realize how absolutely lovely it really is to work retail.....

My brother in law didnt pass his drug test when he applied at target. There was some weird mix up about his SS# with another test that was positive for drug use. He had to go all the way through the social security administration to get something in writing verifying his number. He jumped through hoops finally and was given a job at target.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back