Archived I got some sort of recognition/award thingy today...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a relatively new team member, and I've been doing super well in Electronics. So today my team leader comes up to me and says something about how I got some sort of title/award. I forgot what it was called, but it included words like "top" or "new". I guess it's something like best new team member? I am not sure...

He just said my AAR was excellent, guest service was awesome, I'm always on top of things, etc. Then I was rewarded with a free lunch from our on site Pizza Hut.

SO MY QUESTION IS (since I forgot the name)... does anyone know what the award was called? I know he said it as if it was something official that's given to team members. I just want to know what I was given.

Thanks.

Definitely sounds like Top Performer to me... My store was a bit more generous with it when I was in Electronics... It was usually a $20-25 spending spree. And I'd get it almost every month... Oops! :p

Of course, we also used to have Great Team Hero... I got $75 for that! My ETL and STL really liked me though...

You can use that "award" on future resumes. I had an interview recently with a potential employer who recognized that I had mentioned it.

If your name is on a plaque, then it's Great Team Hero. Yes, there are still stores that have GTH; mine is one of them.

Awesome! Did you get something to hang up on your refrigerator? Or a bumper sticker?

Inside scoop on top performer. Each month ETLs have a meeting where we are forced to pick one top performer and one bottom performer. The top performer is given a kiss, hug, food, or gift card while the bottom performer ( also known as needs improvement TL) is given a coaching and/or a CA if necessary.

I say forced because we don't always have a top performer let alone a bottom performer that deserves a coaching but we must make a selection. TLs have the same process for TMs and typically give less thought into it than us.

Our district got rid of all awards that put the spotlight on individual accomplishments. Top performance isn't an award - just recognition - because Target doesn't do awards anymore. No employee of the month, quarter, or year. They had other names, like great team hero but there isn't consistency between stores. We didn't keep track of top performers and didn't use it for future consideration for promotion.

Keep up the good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back