Archived I hate it when...

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were talking about "clueless parents" in the pharmacy today. One of the other techs mentioned how there have been a TON of "out of control"/screaming/obnoxious kids in the store lately and I chalk it up to "clueless parents". They have no idea what discipline is and half the time are so self-absorbed, they are clueless as to what their child is doing!

I love parents who give their kids a toy (or a brightly colored object the kid snagged off a shelf) to play with while they are shopping.
But then as they are getting ready to check out they snatch it away and drop the toy on top of the soda coolers in front of the cash registers.
Now the kid is screaming through the entire transaction, thanks Mom.

I love parents who give their kids a toy (or a brightly colored object the kid snagged off a shelf) to play with while they are shopping.
But then as they are getting ready to check out they snatch it away and drop the toy on top of the soda coolers in front of the cash registers.
Now the kid is screaming through the entire transaction, thanks Mom.
Or they hand it back to you all covered in saliva and say they don't want this and the kid is screaming at you.

I SO want to wire my card reader to shock holy s#!t out of the next kid who yanks on the stylus & bangs it on the screen while the mom is yakking on her cell.

I really hate when I cashier and the register double scans an item, of which I am always well aware of by the loud beep, and the guest feels the need to develop an attitude and point it out. As though I'm just trying to get them to pay more.

Ugh. I also hate this situation: I'm done ringing everything up, but I'm still in the middle of bagging things (usually because everything that needs to be bagged together was scattered around the belt). The guest holds out money to me, and I go ahead and finish processing the order, since I don't want to force him or her to stand there holding cash out. As soon as the register closes, they say or even snap at me, "I want that bagged." And I'm standing there thinking... what's wrong with you? Just because I finished the monetary part doesn't mean I won't/can't finish bagging the last two or three items. It's like they believe that once they hand me the money, I'm magically prohibited from finishing the bagging.

Edited to add: Which reminds me... I've recently been getting guests who don't seem to understand that I only really have one bag available to me at a time, and unless they want their cleaning sprays/powders/etc. getting jolly with their yogurt or cheese, their raw meats hanging out with their apples, or their condensating Lean Cuisine with something that needs to stay dry, they really need to chill.

Last edited:
I SO want to wire my card reader to shock holy s#!t out of the next kid who yanks on the stylus & bangs it on the screen while the mom is yakking on her cell.

Or the next person who tries to stab a hole in the screen with the pen instead of just pressing the buttons like a normal person.

Yeh, they'll jab & jab & jab until I reach over, touch it lightly & it works.
Can you say "Stupid"? I thought you could.

The biggest thing that annoys me (as a GSTL) is when a guest gets to the front lanes and then calls me over through their cashier... And then decides to let me know they forgot something and they want me to go get it! I would NEVER expect anyone to go do my shopping for me because I forgot stuff! I don't know, I just find it incredibly annoying when I have to stop what I'm doing to take care of that...

When they ask me to "fetch something I forgot", I call over the walkie to the TM in that area & ask them kindly to bring it to lane XX. I then tell the cashier to suspend the trans until the item arrives & move the guest out of the way to wait so a PREPARED guest can check out. I then would walk away.

I hate when parents let their children lay on the bottom of the cart. Head sticking out near the wheels. Makes me sick to my stomach.

When I politely ask them to NOT have their child there, they give me these hateful looks.
I'm just here to protect your child from your stupidity.

We have a regular guest with 2 kids, the daughter has down's syndrome and is an absolute sweetie, her younger brother is a little louder but still good. All of the tm's know them by name and we all treat them as part of the family. When we first opened, the little boy was cart surfing and caught his fingers in the wheel. He wound up losing his fingernails. Mom let's us tell other guests about that little incident so that no one else gets hurt.
I've also learned, I don't talk to the parents, I talk to the kids about being safe. I think I've only had one parent get annoyed with me for it. Oh well....

I've also learned, I don't talk to the parents, I talk to the kids about being safe. I think I've only had one parent get annoyed with me for it. Oh well....

I usually do talk to the kids before the parent. They are usually too scared to argue with me.

I used to do that before a dad ripped me a new one, just before turning his cart suddenly & running over his son's hand...

I hate it when Im pushing in carts and I need to push all my rows up so that they look neat and guests want to stand infront of the cart area and talk forever before they decide to move..

I hate it when guests "can't find their way out" because there are carts in the way........but they're trying to exit through the cart door. I also despise guests that just leave their carts in front of the exit. Before long, there are so many that the exit is almost completely blocked. And of course, the cart attendant is at the opposite end of the lot and the cashiers are too busy to leave their lanes, so no one is free to fix the carts.

I hate it when guests "can't find their way out" because there are carts in the way........but they're trying to exit through the cart door. I also despise guests that just leave their carts in front of the exit. Before long, there are so many that the exit is almost completely blocked. And of course, the cart attendant is at the opposite end of the lot and the cashiers are too busy to leave their lanes, so no one is free to fix the carts.

Omfg ... this.^ But fortunately I have awesome GSA's that will clean up first impression when I'm nowhere near.

Omfg ... this.^ But fortunately I have awesome GSA's that will clean up first impression when I'm nowhere near.

Lucky! One of our GSAs wrote me a GTC for Safety because I cleared the exit of all the carelessly left carts lol. It gets ridiculous at my store, to the point where even the LOD will move carts if they're at the front end.

I REALLY hate calling refund authorization. I will do everything possible to avoid calling them, and if I do, I make sure to use a decent phone so I can hear them. Calling Kodak is a cinch, but I think they think I'm crazy because I always laugh at myself when I'm trying to describe the problem. Calling Metafix is usually okay, unless it's a day like yesterday when the pump is leaking and they're not answering messages. Usually takes them a day or two to call back. Refund authorization? Bane of my (GS) existence.

Lucky! One of our GSAs wrote me a GTC for Safety because I cleared the exit of all the carelessly left carts lol. It gets ridiculous at my store, to the point where even the LOD will move carts if they're at the front end.
I think everyone at my store has a touch of OCD.... makes no difference who, but someone or everyone always moves the carts that are just left in front of the exit.

I often joke that I'm going to get fired because of the carts. I'll be clearing the exit way and a guest will come up and push their cart at me. I just look at the guest, the cart, and then the area where the carts go, and ask, "CIHYFS?"

I often joke that I'm going to get fired because of the carts. I'll be clearing the exit way and a guest will come up and push their cart at me. I just look at the guest, the cart, and then the area where the carts go, and ask, "CIHYFS?"

I love it!:excited:

I love it!:excited:

Why do people think that it's acceptable to just drop off a cart in front of the exit? This drives me crazy. Especially when the cart attendant is on break and they just pile up forever. I'll generally take a few seconds to fix them before I head back out to the floor.

I hate walking thru the lot & seeing carts clustered AROUND but not INSIDE the cart returns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back