Archived I have returned from a journey to a land far away [out this hoe!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will say that getting in on the other end of retail - the operations end - really gives you a feel for just how much money these companies are sitting on, and the things they can do when they decide to actually, you know, invest in operations. All you need to make things work 100% of the time is a) billions of dollars, and b) the will, but Target has only one of those it seems.

Ironically enough this bread factory makes you wait three whole ass weeks for your first check. Better late than never I guess!

It's been interesting so far, but about what I expected. My feet don't hurt quite as much I thought they would, but I am tired as hell tho, RIP.

Keep up with vitamins. And potassium. At the end of my shift (old school unload, bowl the aisles, stock, cleanup, great by eight) I had hell’s worth of muscle cramps. They followed me all day.

I wish my COMSEC didn't require me to keep the retailer secret because @HRLady would have a ball at this place. There are like 20 HR people and they start at the ass crack of dawn and don't fuck off until like 11pm. They're all really cool and the width of their grins indicates that they are getting paid hella cheese. You can definitely tell that many of these folks have had the same job since I was too young to work and they still don't plan on leaving anytime soon

Fun fact: Seasonal hiring starts in August and they're planning to onboard THREE THOUSAND extra people. That payroll tho.

View attachment 7995
August instead of October ? Either : yay. More fully trained newbies in 4th quarter. OR. Boo: There goes any chance for overtime if we get busy early
Does make me wonder if there is more news to come that will provoke an early fall exodus of current tm that is being prepared for . Shudder.

August instead of October ? Either : yay. More fully trained newbies in 4th quarter. OR. Boo: There goes any chance for overtime if we get busy early
Does make me wonder if there is more news to come that will provoke an early fall exodus of current tm that is being prepared for . Shudder.

This is at my other job, a DC, not Target. I wouldn't think 3,000 people could physically fit in my Target store lol

Lol this place is really something else. There's about 30 AP people and lots of off-duty cops patrolling the fuck out of all 305,400,000 square inches of this building, they built a literal Trump wall around most of it, and if you try to get into Breadland without wearing your employee ID lanyard they'll tackle you all at once (not literally). Their jobs are cut out for them because most of what's available to buy is cafeteria food so if they find say a name brand shirt or watch or pair of earrings in your locker then RIP.

Also they use pretty much everything in existence that's made by Symbol and Zebra. HR has a whole office full of great big Zebra printers that can print on pretty much any medium including ID badges.

Makes me wonder if Target's DCs are this lit too?

COMSEC. I don't like to divulge too many specific deets on a forum that corp watches
:rolleyes: So you think if you reveal where your other job is Corp is going to be able to figure out who you are and then do what? I mean come on. All this chatter about your great job....give it up. Where do you work? And psssst Corp could give a shit.

:rolleyes: So you think if you reveal where your other job is Corp is going to be able to figure out who you are and then do what? I mean come on. All this chatter about your great job....give it up. Where do you work? And psssst Corp could give a shit.

Better safe than sorry.
I would prefer folks be cautious here than not.

It doesn't have to be Spot, it can just as easily be an ETL (or whatever they call them now) from your store.
That has happened and people have had to bail because of it.

Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you.

Besides, why leak a good thing?
Otherwise everyone else & their (target) dog would be stampeding over for an interview.

I'm aware of at least one TM at my store who lurks this site and showed me pages from the modernization thread on xir phone while we were on break. That's honestly how I'm most likely to be doxed here if not by corp. Someone who knows me well enough, like boss man formerly known as ETL-log, could probably recognize me just from my eccentric posting style alone (also how I talk IRL). In any company there are going to be far fewer DCs than stores, and only a limited number of Target stores in the vicinity, so it would be easy to narrow it down to at least the district level. Don't need to give them too many unlikely coinkydinks all at once.

And in any case it almost doesn't matter what company it is, all you need to know is that DCs in general seem to be where the bread is at. I'm sure if I went to work at one of [REDACTED]'s retail stores, it'd be more of the same low ass hours and not enough help to finish tasks just like at Target. Turns out you actually can make money as a regular TM in retail as long as you avoid the store side of the operation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back