Archived I messed up

Status
Not open for further replies.
So.....
These kids came in today and were buying small video games that were around 7 dollars. They came in asking for a price match from amazon and it said 2.50. I asked them to refresh and they did, so I gave them the price match. The problem is I just realized that I’m pretty sure it was fake somehow and I price matched 5 of them. I feel awful and worried I am going to lose my job or something. Does target check every transaction or will they not even see it?? Is my job at risk?

So.....
These kids came in today and were buying small video games that were around 7 dollars. They came in asking for a price match from amazon and it said 2.50. I asked them to refresh and they did, so I gave them the price match. The problem is I just realized that I’m pretty sure it was fake somehow and I price matched 5 of them. I feel awful and worried I am going to lose my job or something. Does target check every transaction or will they not even see it?? Is my job at risk?
Pffft. Target is all about making the "Guests" happy and won't come after you for this.

But do help us out by enforcing the Price Match policy and general best practices, to wit:
  • Verify the price on Price Match app in myDevice
  • Adjust only one of the items – the PM policy calls for only one of the same item per Guest
  • Verify it's in stock (can't lose out to the competition if they ain't got none)
You'll be helping, if anything, to reduce the "but the other Target store did it" line I hear every single day.

FWIW these fake Amazon and Walmart apps are very popular for more pricey stuff, like Tide Pods for $3 instead of their usual $14+.

I deny so much fake app PM, the Essentials TMs hate me for the amount of reshop I collect after the Guests abandon the carts full of crap I denied.

Pffft. Target is all about making the "Guests" happy and won't come after you for this.

But do help us out by enforcing the Price Match policy and general best practices, to wit:
  • Verify the price on Price Match app in myDevice
  • Adjust only one of the items – the PM policy calls for only one of the same item per Guest
  • Verify it's in stock (can't lose out to the competition if they ain't got none)
You'll be helping, if anything, to reduce the "but the other Target store did it" line I hear every single day.
Thanks for the reply!! Will Target see that I made that mistake because I have a feeling that my Gstls do not necessarily like me and could use this opportunity to get me in trouble. I know I’m paranoid, but will there be an investigation at all

FWIW these fake Amazon and Walmart apps are very popular for more pricey stuff, like Tide Pods for $3 instead of their usual $14+.

I deny so much fake app PM, the Essentials TMs hate me for the amount of reshop I collect after the Guests abandon the carts full of crap I denied.
I usually am pretty good at catching fake coupons and other stuff, but this really caught me off guard

Worst case scenario for something like this will likely be a coaching. In the future use the price match app to avoid instances such as this, but I would not worry about it. The change was such a low dollar amount that it would not flag on MyAlerts.

Worst case scenario for something like this will likely be a coaching. In the future use the price match app to avoid instances such as this, but I would not worry about it. The change was such a low dollar amount that it would not flag on MyAlerts.
What price difference would show up on my alerts because the prices I said could be a 2-3 dollars off

There were multiple price changes in one transaction, so would that trigger it? Also does my alert work immediately, for example this happened at like 6 and nobody said anything to me so they didn’t see it right. Thanks for the help btw

So.....

Use the price match app on your zebra or check on your phone but I never trust anything on a guests phone since it's easy to make that shit up

Thanks for the reply!! Will Target see that I made that mistake because I have a feeling that my Gstls do not necessarily like me and could use this opportunity to get me in trouble. I know I’m paranoid, but will there be an investigation at all
For low dollar matches, this shouldn't set off any red flags. But just keep to the policy moving forward and you should be fine.

In the future definitely verify the price independently of the guest but you probably will not be in "real" trouble for a mistake costing $20 unless you do it again after they told you not to.

Remember that no one knows you don't know how to do something right until you have done it wrong. Mistakes are just a teaching opportunity.

There are FAKE WALMART APPS???? Damn it!! I had a guest have me price match something and it was coming up on her phone just fine, but my price match app either wasn't showing the item or was being stupid. I think it was on her browser though, but i could be wrong. I don't remember what it was for. It wasn't ridiculous so I gave it to her anyway.

So.....

At my store, you will never get in trouble for making it right for the guest. I have made more expensive mistakes (I'm calling them mistakes). You know better for next time.

I was told, but it was under my employee number, to mark down a bunch of decorative stuff to 50 and 70% off because a guest said that they were on those end caps. One wasn't clearance at all, a few were 30% off, stuff like that. End total was around $50 off from all the adjustments. Nothing said.

On the other hand there was one LOD that hated discounting. I got fussed at once for honoring a clearance price of $9 off a regular item since the sticker was clearly unaltered, some TM screwed up at some point.

Would the LOD or gtsl or whoever is in charge of that see the price change right away or would I take some time for them to see it. This happened a day ago and I haven’t heard anything, so are they never gonna see it? Thanks

I heard theres an alert. Probably they saw it and didn't care.

At my store at least there’s several price changes an hour that happen. They’re not going to notice yours unless it was extremely huge which it wasn’t so you should be good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back