Archived I NEED HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been working at Target for a little less than a month now and my training was less than helpful. I don’t know what Autos are, I don’t know how to backstock on the myDevices, I don’t know how to request time off, and I’m not sure if I have to report to my LOD when I clock in or not. Someone please help me. I feel super slow and lost and useless. It makes me feel so bad I think about quitting

I’ve been working at Target for a little less than a month now and my training was less than helpful. I don’t know what Autos are, I don’t know how to backstock on the myDevices,
A little help please @allnew2 ? I defer to your expertise on these questions 😊

I don’t know how to request time off, and I’m not sure if I have to report to my LOD when I clock in or not. Someone please help me. I feel super slow and lost and useless. It makes me feel so bad I think about quitting
For the rest of your questions..

Log into Workbench, hover on Quick Links and when the drop down box appears hover over MyTime to the right and Then click on MyTime Self Service. From there select Request Time Off (top red box) and select the days you need off. The sooner the better with these requests and always follow up with your Leader, ideally also leave a note in their mailbox.

Not to nitpick but LOd doesn’t exist anymore. Just a simple “Good morning/afternoon/evening this is yourbaemo in for the day.” Whoever is your boss at the moment will let you know what to get started on. (Do not criticize me for using the word boss.)

Do not feel stupid for not knowing these things. A ton of information, processes, and tasks are forced onto TMs starting at orientation. Ask lots of questions. Even when we’re sick of answering them we’ll be happy to answer them. I’d rather explain something forty times than have it messed up, we all would. Take a breath. Relax. Remind yourself at the end of the day we’re in business to sell toilet paper, and unless you’re hurting someone or damaging the store there is nothing traumatic that can happen today that can’t be fixed. We will help you get there!

I’ve been working at Target for a little less than a month now and my training was less than helpful. I don’t know what Autos are, I don’t know how to backstock on the myDevices, I don’t know how to request time off, and I’m not sure if I have to report to my LOD when I clock in or not. Someone please help me. I feel super slow and lost and useless. It makes me feel so bad I think about quitting
A month of working and you’re skating under the radar? just chill dude enjoy the free ride!

Auto fill is computer generated fill drops in move app after the truck has been acknowledged. However given the fact that the company no longer calculates the auto the focus is in one for one batches . The way to drop one for one batch for your department you would scan an item , click exf and on the top left click where it says fill group ie plas, or cosm , click that and select one for one and a batch will be created. Once that’s done you will go in move app and filter on the bottom right circle and select man caf and then select the department that you drop manual for and start pulling . The system will send you to the location , you scan Backroom location then the item that’s asking for and. Quantity and so forth .
Backstock is exactly as hardlinesmaster said

First off target really doesnt train people, you are pretty much thrown into it, I am not sure if training has changed since modernization or not. When I first started the only thing they showed me was how to read the locations and everything else I learned from watching team members and I would show them how I thought I was suppose to do something and see if I was right. Now the majority of the new people come to me for help, and I even have to help some of the team members who have been there longer than me.

GM team members who are not DBO's are the only ones at my store who will announce when they arrive and ask the LOD where they want them.

Im on the same boat with ya.

I’ve only worked three shifts and had one training total so far that being only for the cashier / front. You pretty much learn everything on your own so far and asks your team members if you have any questions. (so don’t be afraid to ask team members are quite helpful)

My 1st shift was just cashier pretty simple stuff i’m under 21 so they wouldn’t put me there all the time and only for that one day.

My 2nd shift I had to learn a lot on my own. They pretty much said yeah no training today and threw me to the floor and said these mirrors these hangers stock them. After, that I was like what do i do next and just watched a bunch of team members pushing these wooden pellets and pretty much just went up to them and said need help? (I was really clueless on what my actual job/task was at this time). I worked till closing and all those boxes and stuff ended up at the back so i learned how to dispose of the cardboard boxes and learned how to backstock. (second shift was rough)

Third Shift was by far the best one. I kinda got the idea of what i was doing. I learned how to use the printer thing to print out labels. There was this one team member from a different target who voluntarily trained me. She thought me all these neat tricks when stocking to make it easier and faster to find where items go and where. She thought me a few code word and some other things like zoning and clearance labels and what not.

So far it’s getting simple but here and there I’ll get confused and just ask questions on this forum page or even directly to team members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back