Archived I need to resign immediately

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. I was just recently hired at Target for seasonal but due to personal mental health reasons I have to quit immediately. I keep reading about filling out a notice form with HR. However since I'm not giving a two-weeks notice and my resignation would be effective immediately, do I still need to fill out that form? I have a handwritten letter explaining my abrupt resignation and planned to just stick it in the HR mailbox after my shift. Is that good enough? I don't plan on working for target again.

Yeah, just do the letter. You should probably call in the morning if you're scheduled early and nobody knows yet that you're not going to be there, so they can plan accordingly. No doubt they'll be a little miffed though

The form is a courtesy but a letter of resignation is fine since you understand youre not rehireable and willing to swallow that.

Let the store know asap via phone you aren't coming back if you can. That way they have time to cover your shift.

Since you know you wont be able to work with Spot again ( at least not for quite a while) and you are ok with that . I would simply call speak to the etl hr ( if you have one ) or any lod. Tell them that you have some personal things going on and you are going to have to quit. They don't have to know its anything related to your mental health etc. Good luck with things !

I don't plan on working for target again.

I would talk to the store manager or the human resources manager. Explain the situation and provide any medical documentation you have or can get from your doctor.

Even if you think you will never plan on working for Target again, it is better to leave in the best way possible.

You never know when you may need a permanent job or even a seasonal job. Years from now you might need some extra cash during the holidays and might regret not having Target as an option.

There is no negative to leaving in the best way possible.

Despite not wanting to work for Target again, do like others have said @princessbkate and please let the ETL HR or Stl know you are quitting and your reasoning behind it. It's honestly to just help you in regards to your future potential employers in the future. They would see such an abrupt exit and the last thing you would want when looking for employment is anything preventing you from obtaining a job. Good luck ;)

I would talk to the store manager or the human resources manager. Explain the situation and provide any medical documentation you have or can get from your doctor.

Even if you think you will never plan on working for Target again, it is better to leave in the best way possible.

You never know when you may need a permanent job or even a seasonal job. Years from now you might need some extra cash during the holidays and might regret not having Target as an option.

There is no negative to leaving in the best way possible.
And seek wellness. Be well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back