Archived I think I hit meal compliance in my 90 days. Am I screwed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Smokey

My ETL wants me to move to another area and he is also pushing for me to get promoted. Did I just frick this up?

You'll certainly get a talking to..
But if anything your tl or lod will get more of a talking too since you're new.

You will probably just get a reminder talk and your LOD/TL will get a talking to. It shouldn't affect moving to a different position/promotion.

Depends, I hit compliance once and I was written up for it as a counseling. I was ineligible for promotion or transfer for six months. The write up does state you could "be allowed to transfer with appropriate HR approval". My store takes meal compliance seriously and there's been more than one good employee or Sr Team Lead that has been let go because they hit compliance twice within their write up period (six months up to one year). OTOH I have a friend who works at Target in the mid west and she told me the leaders don't care about compliance, which surprised the heck out of her. I don't say this to freak you out, but to give you perspective on how All Stores Are Not The Same.

My ETL wants me to move to another area and he is also pushing for me to get promoted. Did I just frick this up?

We have a senior team lead who misses compliance from time to time so no its not the end of the world. But as others have said some stores are more strict about it than others.

Last edited:

Depends, I hit compliance once and I was written up for it as a counseling. I was ineligible for promotion or transfer for six months. The write up does state you could "be allowed to transfer with appropriate HR approval". My store takes meal compliance seriously and there's been more than one good employee or Sr Team Lead that has been let go because they hit compliance twice within their write up period (six months up to one year). OTOH I have a friend who works at Target in the mid west and she told me the leaders don't care about compliance, which surprised the heck out of her. I don't say this to freak you out, but to give you perspective on how All Stores Are Not The Same.

So true, while TL/ETL have the conversations at my store if you miss compliance you bear complete responsibility.

Well normally I wouldn't clock in for lunch if I hit compliance. Just click out early and add a punch for an earlier meal start

Well normally I wouldn't clock in for lunch if I hit compliance. Just click out early and add a punch for an earlier meal start
That could still get you in a lot of trouble. Especially if you were working while it happened.

That could still get you in a lot of trouble. Especially if you were working while it happened.
You'll usually go on a final anyway so it doesn't matter. What's the odds of anyone watching when you took your break enough to go cross check the time clock

If you can in at 6am, and you went to take your half at 12.05, just sit down and clock back in at 12:25. Wait a day or two and change your in meal ouch to 11:54.

I mean, you'll just end up on the punch correction list as a missed punch, it happens to everyone

No, they'll most likely tell you that they already fixed it, but not to do it again because it's really bad. Especially after your 90 days.

You'll usually go on a final anyway so it doesn't matter. What's the odds of anyone watching when you took your break enough to go cross check the time clock

If you can in at 6am, and you went to take your half at 12.05, just sit down and clock back in at 12:25. Wait a day or two and change your in meal ouch to 11:54.

I mean, you'll just end up on the punch correction list as a missed punch, it happens to everyone

My store that gets you written up. Lunch is no joke. All stores not the same.

My store that gets you written up. Lunch is no joke. All stores not the same.
how do they know though? Do they check everyone that forgot to clock out for meal? Do you get written up for not clocking out

I've only did the punch correction once. I don't think they'd notice unless it was a constant thing

They don't play with clock fraud..

Yeah, be real careful with that.
At my old store we had two very good, very popular TLs let go because they were doing mispunches when they went out of compliance.
Granted they did it a lot and for all the right reasons but it was enough to get two very good employees fired.

how do they know though? Do they check everyone that forgot to clock out for meal? Do you get written up for not clocking out
They look for a pattern of TMs 'forgetting' to clock out for lunch followed by punch corrections.
Plus every store worth their salt has a camera (hidden or visible) near the time clocks to guard against time fraud or fraudulent punches.

Yeah, well I don't think if you do it once they will care. Obviously if you have corections for the same out lunch in two weeks it would raise a flag but there's no way you'd get flagged for one unless they watch literately every single employee go to, and come back from lunch.

So true, while TL/ETL have the conversations at my store if you miss compliance you bear complete responsibility.

The system flags everything, every missed punch, late punch etc. You cant quite outsmart the system, your only hope is your HR doesnt catch it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back