Archived i want to be a gstl help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay so here’s my thing, i’m 18 and i’ve been at target for like a year as a cashier and i also know softlines and guest service. i know TONS of 18 year olds that think they’re all that and smart enough to handle tougher jobs but i really want to be gstl because i know my own abilities and how i can succeed and lead a team. but my etl definitely does not like me at all. she’s so close minded and every time i bring up to her that id like to move up she dismisses it. i don’t know how else to really move up when everyone there especially one of my gstl’s (i have two) and the etl ge dont wanna develop me. any suggestions?? thanksss

If your leadership doesn’t think you are ready, then all that matters is that they won’t give you that position. Also TL positions come up rarely, and your store may have several people in line for such a position. In my store, only two TL positions have come open in two years. We have four people in the pipeline.

It's cool you want to be GSTL but why? Just to be the boss or to actually have a career at Target? You're really young and really have your whole life to do whatever you want. I'd finish school, go to college then instead of GSTL you can be ETL. Your ETL might be closed minded who knows but I think you need to look at yourself. What are you doing everyday that other cashiers don't? No getting redcards, being fast and being guest friendly aren't it. Have you made suggestions on how to improve your workcenter? Being a leader is higher level of thinking not how well you can do your job. I've been told you can be the best tm but be a horrible tl. Not everyone is fit for it. I know when I started at Target I got dismissed at my development but I put my head down and did my job well. Then I would be taught new things and then do them without being asked. Learned to cross train and was flexible. You will be what you want if your patient

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back