I want to resign but the workday app isn't giving me a option to do that.

I even tried to resign through workday on the Target computers but no option is showing up on there as well. Can someone please help?

Go on Workday.
Go to your profile.
Go to the 3 dots in the upper right corner.
Click "job change"
Click "resign"
Use all personal, sick leave & vacation first.
I would like to add a few more things.

Print your resignation out
Sign and date it and give a copy to your TL and HR ETL
Scan it and email to yourself for your own records
Spot might just say you quit or were fired and might try to screw you out of any future unemployment.
Spot might also stop scheduling you so I wouldn't do this until your know your schedule for the last two weeks (if you give them that much time)

I would like to add a few more things.

Print your resignation out
Sign and date it and give a copy to your TL and HR ETL
Scan it and email to yourself for your own records
Spot might just say you quit or were fired and might try to screw you out of any future unemployment.
Spot might also stop scheduling you so I wouldn't do this until your know your schedule for the last two weeks (if you give them that much time)
Imo, completely unnecessary.

Why not?

Target could just fire you and deny you ever resigned and just quit without notice.

Therefore they could deny you unemployment.

Companies tend to deny unemployment more than years ago to save money.
Deny unemployment? You’re quitting. Unemployment is given if you are fired/let go/laid off.

Previous employment doesn’t really matter in todays world.

If you plan to never return to target just go. F them. It won’t matter.

Deny unemployment? You’re quitting. Unemployment is given if you are fired/let go/laid off.

Previous employment doesn’t really matter in todays world.

If you plan to never return to target just go. F them. It won’t matter.
Lots of people quit with the plan to never return and then...they return.

I also have always found this whole notion of resigning on the computer but seemingly not mentioning it to anyone very weird. Like it's a big secret or something. Don't people tell their bosses and HR they are quitting? Wouldn't HR be able to help with that?

In regards to this it is more so I would want a record for myself as to why I left.

Years ago I was denied unemployment from a company I worked at for almost seven years. I had to fight it for nine months. Firms deny employment to make you fight to get and so you will give up and save them money.

For example if you left Target and went somewhere and then got laid you off after six months. Your more recent employer if only liable for maybe some of your maximum unemployment payments.

If Target said you were fired for cause (which you can't prove otherwise without documentation) you might get another unemployment denied.

However if you once you at your newest job for a year or so it probably won't make any difference.

Last edited:
In regards to this it is more so I would want a record for myself as to why I left.

Years ago I was denied unemployment from a company I worked at for almost seven years. I had to fight it for nine months. Firms deny employment to make you fight to get and so you will give up and save them money.

For example if you left Target and went somewhere and then got laid you off after six months. Your more recent employer if only liable for maybe some of your maximum unemployment payments.

If Target said you were fired for cause (which you can't prove otherwise without documentation) you might get another unemployment denied.

However if you once you at your newest job for a year or so it probably won't make any difference.
Somehow I was quoted in this original post, however I did not make those statements, just for the record.

It is true thought that, at least in my state, you cannot collect unemployment if you quit unless you can prove it was an intolerable work situation (harassment, poor/unsafe working conditions, etc).

Last edited:
Somehow I was quoted in this original post, however I did not make those statements, just for the record.

It is true thought that, at least in my state, you cannot collect unemployment if you quit unless you can prove it was an intolerable work situation (harassment, poor/unsafe working conditions, etc).
Removed your username from post.

Sorry.

So i know the the real reason behind this since ive overheard hr and corporate chit chat about this. They don't want Loa to start over again because the system will reboot your Loa being unable to view while hiring. So hints they cant see attendances when rehire so ur a clean all over again and start fresh with the exp im very very upset they found this from upon me and took my resignation option away to the point i had to call guess relations about hr removing and canceling that option from me

Last edited:
So i know the the real reason behind this since ive overheard hr and corporate chit chat about this. They don't want Loa to start over again because the system will reboot your Loa being unable to view while hiring. So hints they cant see attendances when rehire so ur a clean all over again and start fresh with the exp im very very upset they found this from upon me and took my resignation option away to the point i had to call guess relations about hr removing and canceling that option from me
Did you wait after the loa ended?

I wasn't on a loa but b4fore rehire i took them all the time
So why would they stop you from being able to resign then? I’d think they would be more than happy to see you go rather than start playing the loa game - can we count on them to be here when we need them, or not? The people in our building constantly using int loa and in extending loa create constant chaos with staffing.

Back