Pricing and Presentation If an item that’s clearance reaches 0 on hand. Does it become salvage?

Long story short. In electronics we have this ring security alarm system that just hit clearance. I want it lol. I know it’s gonna go down in price because it just hit the first clearance.

If I buy it right now and another guest buys the other it’ll be 0 on hand. But if/when it goes down in price would do a return rebuy, is this possible?

It depends on if it is something that is going clearance company wide or not. If it is, it might continue to drop in price. Sometimes it does however just stick to the final price it was available at. If it is only for your store, it will occasionally go back up to full price aftee some time after it hits 0

It will only drop in price when a team member activates it.. shortly after final markdown HQ will trigger the salvage for it but it doesn’t do it automatically until the tasks in price change expire. A TM has to activate the new price/salvage.

if it goes overdue and it’s still not done it will be triggered automatically when the new tasks drop.

however I would not be returning and rebuying clearance for a reduced price as a TM as AP will definitely not be happy with you. Plus technically for you to rebuy it it would have to fully make its way back to the salesfloor. Be careful with clearance things/markdowns as a TM they can and will get you in trouble

You cannot use your knowledge of how Target works to benefit from it.

Technically. So if you do, you need to be very careful to make sure guests have the opportunity to benefit from your knowledge as well, and all the risks that come with that (eg. losing the item to the guest who gets to it first. Looking fishy to AP and having them pay more attention to you than is generally worth it for anything Spot sells in store. Etc.)

Back