Archived IGS Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxTheDudexx

Front of Store Attendant
So we are in the midst of our remodel, and they changed the front end first (Integrated Guest Service). I've been dreading it for months, but now it is here. How do you make Guest Service work when a guest is behind somebody with a million things in their cart to just check out? Everyone in my store is bailing. Leadership is like "oh you'll get used to it." Every single guest and team member feels like this:

1337627989334_577040.png

Yeah, it sucks. You're better off concentrating your energy on things you CAN control.

Our store was due for a remodel, but thanks to Canada, it got scrapped. I hope to be long gone by the time we get the real remodel (we're doing a mini one this fall) because I do not want IGS coming to our ULV!

Christmas time prep:

I never post from the same franchise, but I think this is just too perfect of a prophecy....

Hey front-enders at other IGS stores: Did your store drastically cut back on cashier hours after IGS was implemented? For four out of five of my last GSTL/GSA shifts, I've only had one Cashier scheduled (and one Service Desk TM.) And one of those shifts was a Saturday morning/afternoon! I've barely been able to get any tasks done because I'm constantly getting trapped on a register at IGS or busy breaking my two-person team.

Our store is iGS, but it had just become iGS when I began working at it, so not sure how it compares to before the transition, but we definitely don't have that few cashiers.

We usually have four or five cashiers (including service desk) during peak hours.

My last store was a B volume and IGS wasn't as bad as you would think. If it can work for a B volume, I imagine it can work for ULV.

When I filled in for GSA though, I usually got stuck there :D But it wasn't so bad since I had all my cashiers in sight in case someone needed me really badly.

My IGS was okay before MyTime. Then either the HR team doesn't know how to differentiate cashiers from Service Desk or MyTime doesn't but we just randomly schedule people on the front end. No one trained at Service Desk to open? That's OK. Two GSAs, one GSTL and no cashier until 11? That's OK. One GSTL and the first other person at 9:00? That's OK. Kinda drives me crazy, but hey, I just deal with it.

As far as guests pissed because they're trying to do a return behind a full cart, it's still 1+1 so I just smile and pleasantly ask them to be patient. No one has hit me yet. ;)

I'm guessing the idea is when you get hit with either a complex return, or a complex transaction, that guest first is called and the one person on the floor will come up and help, and the GSA/GSTL will speed weave the guests into the new lane.

In theory, it might work. In practice, not so much.

As part of iGS Cashier and Service Desk become the same position on a technical level. Sounds like a case of the HR person responsible not knowing who is and isn't service desk trained very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back