Archived im completely lost!

Status
Not open for further replies.
so im a new employee at target and i start my shift at 4am and i don't know where the employee door is! my orientation leader said something about the door being silver and i need to buzz it but i don't remember where she said it was, do i try to use a door that doesn't have a 'fire door do not open" sign?? do i just wait around for other people to show up??? what if they are already in and i look like a complete idiot????

If there's a door on the front of your store with frosted glass and a doorbell next to it, it's probably that. You can go up and ring the bell and they should let you in. If there aren't any other cars there yet, you might want to wait until someone else arrives since that means nobody would be in the building yet, most likely. You won't look like an idiot, everyone was new at one point.

the front doors that everyone uses should have kind of a doorbell in the middle of both entrance and exit doors, just ring that and someone will open

the front doors that everyone uses should have kind of a doorbell in the middle of both entrance and exit doors, just ring that and someone will open
Not necessarily. Ours is on the side of the exit door.

I understand, but how to enter the store after hours is pretty important stuff...
Only for certain teams. If the orientation wasn't heavy on applicants where it made a difference, it becomes all that much easier to forget, and the people in orientation are that much less likely to ask. I've had TMs be at the store for months and never question the existence of the TM door much less how to use it.

They do not have a “team door” at my location. Even early hour employees enter through the front. But I have worked at a location with a team door and it is higher security. But I have experienced no one opening the door for 10-15 minutes while just waiting.

I was the same as you when I started hahaha I literally had no idea where the team member entrance was on the outside of the building for the longest time. I was a cashier who always started after class so I just went in the guest entrance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back