In danger?

Florida Dawg

Former Cart Attendant Pro and Target Employee
So things haven’t been good in general for my department as in morale and others have had cut hours. Looked at today’s new two week out schedule and I’m scheduled 10 hrs. How am I supposed to help pay bills at my parents house with less than 25 hours in a four week span? I believe I’m still seasonal even though the 3 months ended and they said I wasn’t in danger of losing my job. Perhaps it’s a sign that I might be losing my job?

Assuming you're beyond 90 days and you were not released it's probably safe to say you're in it for the long haul. Hours are reduced. Christmas is coming up. Your hours will increase. If you so choose, just hang in there. If not, go elsewhere.
90 days from hire date correct? If so then I’m good. I’m still labeled seasonal though.

You shouldn't be seasonal anymore. If you are there should be an "SE" symbol by your name on the daily grid.

I would check that soon.

Spot cuts hours for individual TMs but not necessarily the department. Spot rather have 20 TMs work 4 hours a week than 4 TMs working 20. It gives them more flexibility when doing the schedule.

You didn't state what department you worked in but I would learn to do fulfillment. The hours needed to fill those OPU and SFS isn't going to drop anytime soon.

Last edited:
You shouldn't be seasonal anymore. If you are there should be an "SE" symbol by your name on the daily grid.

I would check that soon.

Spot cuts hours for individual TMs but not necessarily the department. Spot rather have 20 TMs work 4 hours a week than 4 TMs working 20. It gives them more flexibility when doing the schedule.

You didn't state what department you worked in but I would learn to do fulfillment. The hours needed to fill those OPU and SFS isn't going to drop anytime soon.
I’m still listed there as seasonal and I’m up at front of the store department and I’m a main cart attendant.

I would check that soon.

Seasonal is something like 159 days (not sure on the exact number). The probationary period for permanent TMs is 90 days.

About the 90 days, I was told a couple years ago that it was changed to 180. Which I thought was a good thing because we had too many TMs who could do a good job for 90 days and then turned into slackers practically overnight. Harder to maintain the "I'm a great worker, keep me on board" role for that long.
As to your hours being decreased, this is retail. Hours go down, hours go up. If your store had a weak sales month, hours go away. Ask to be cross-trained so you can pick up shifts other TMs can't work. With 4th quarter just around the corner, your hours will almost certainly go up.

Sometimes, you have to work to get your hours. Pick up advocate shifts. Call Thursday, Friday, and Saturday mornings to see if they need an extra body.

Back