Archived In-Stocks: Grey dots?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else get the message to discontinue using grey dots?

Effective immediately.

I get it, they want to do away with the In-stocks team, but those dots are a clue for people without equipment to actually have half a shot at pushing our stuff correctly.

My thoughts, what are yours?

My store is awful with the grey dots. Stuff gets pushed out, the dots stay on. Wrong items get flexed out, grey dots stay on. Unless they re-trained the instocks team and explained the concept to every other sales floor TM, they'll never serve their purpose in my store.

The grey dots are a great idea in theory, my store just stopped caring. Instocks team is rushed through their workload in order to help with other projects. Might as well scrap the whole workcenter.

Nobody takes them off in my store. We used to explain the process to the other workcenters constantly and it never did any good, we're just about the only ones who remove them. I'd be happy to see them go.

Last edited:
We haven't used them in at least a year.

Effective immediately.

I get it, they want to do away with the In-stocks team, but those dots are a clue for people without equipment to actually have half a shot at pushing our stuff correctly.

I just heard about this a few days ago. No actual time was given to us when to stop using them.

Effective immediately.

I just heard about this a few days ago, we have not been given a exact day to stop using them yet. Personally I would say 'thank you' our dots never get taken off. Always go though aisles while scanning with them still up with stocked items. I personally think they made a mistake taking research out of the task list, some stores are scanning areas like us. Im sure some are just doing rigs and moving on to the next thing. Our store is not doing 4x4 again like some have posted. You could argue certain things might get filled by the truck but if its in the backroom it needs to get out so it can be sold. I can go though certain areas like plastics and furniture any day of the week and get things out that autos or cafs did not fill.

I'm glad they stopped using them. They would stay on till I scanned that area again. I haven't been told to stop using them. I get what it is used for in theory. . . But theories are only good if everyone is on board. Since no new team members are trained on flow to take the grey dots off when pushing to an empty hole, they stay up.

I even use them as clues when I push a batch, if it is stuff I pulled makes it super quick to push. But I agree no one else really does their job to take them down.

I think it said November 6 or 8 as last day

Again we are getting away from the old fashion research. My ETLs think the manual CAFs will fill the aisle. No people that's not the intent. The intent of the manual CAF is if you are selling an item quicker the anticipated, rather then having an empty shelf of 'Tide' because your ones have come and gone you can drop a batch and grab those sales that would otherwise would be missed.

My store is awful with the grey dots. Stuff gets pushed out, the dots stay on. Wrong items get flexed out, grey dots stay on. Unless they re-trained the instocks team and explained the concept to every other sales floor TM, they'll never serve their purpose in my store.

The grey dots are a great idea in theory, my store just stopped caring. Instocks team is rushed through their workload in order to help with other projects. Might as well scrap the whole workcenter.

Grey dots make sense ONLY if there are enough hours scheduled for people to verify items belong in that spot AND to push merchandise to the right location and also remove dots.

What happens when you find items in the wrong spot, you go to move the items to the right spot & the spot is filled with the wrong thing... that can be an endless journey for the majority of departments.

Do you just back stock everything or do you fix it. Most likely, you learn to ignore it & just push what you need to push & become known as one of the "fast" workers who will get more hours than the slow pokes who are trying to do the job properly.

Last edited:
Grey dots make sense ONLY if there are enough hours scheduled for people to verify items belong in that spot AND to push merchandise to the right location and also remove dots.
Doesn't take more hours for people to do their jobs right. Just takes better training, and leaders to enforce the training. Which will never happen

Doesn't take more hours for people to do their jobs right. Just takes better training, and leaders to enforce the training. Which will never happen

Of course, it takes more time to do any job properly than when you take shortcuts.

Again we are getting away from the old fashion research. My ETLs think the manual CAFs will fill the aisle. No people that's not the intent. The intent of the manual CAF is if you are selling an item quicker the anticipated, rather then having an empty shelf of 'Tide' because your ones have come and gone you can drop a batch and grab those sales that would otherwise would be missed.

Yep the DTL who was in my store today just lost his shit when he saw the line of stuff two of us had pulled. Three full tubs of just diapers, another of wipes, food and other baby what not. Two full tubs of chem, two tubs of toys after three from yesterday. And this is just walking through and seeing if we could fill out things for the weekend.. A flat or two of paper.. He wanted to know why all this wasn't coming out on CAFs and POG fills..

Cause POG fills don't look or know what actually sells..

Here's another flaw with the grey dots.

Since the new ad signs are stuck right over the grey dots instead of behind the plastic strip, half the time they are hidden from view anyway.

Of course, it takes more time to do any job properly than when you take shortcuts.
Takes the same amount of time to push freight to the right location, than it does to just shove it anywhere. Once you get that fixed, things will go slightly better. Salesfloor also needs to make sure things are in order. At my store they just make sure it's facing forward and pulled to the front.

Here's another flaw with the grey dots.

Since the new ad signs are stuck right over the grey dots instead of behind the plastic strip, half the time they are hidden from view anyway.

I started sticking them on the ad signs.. I left them half off so you could just peel it back off but it was very easily seen.

Yep the DTL who was in my store today just lost his shit when he saw the line of stuff two of us had pulled. Three full tubs of just diapers, another of wipes, food and other baby what not. Two full tubs of chem, two tubs of toys after three from yesterday. And this is just walking through and seeing if we could fill out things for the weekend.. A flat or two of paper.. He wanted to know why all this wasn't coming out on CAFs and POG fills..

Cause POG fills don't look or know what actually sells..

POG fills don't find mistakes or DGAFs.....

POG fills don't find mistakes or DGAFs.....

Preach it girl!!!!

At least the DTL while shocked at how much we were pulling was happy that we saw the flaws and are making sure the floor gets full.

I told him it won't be my fault we miss sales.. He told me, "I never worry about what you guys do, its always for the store." I thought that was pretty good praise..

What happens when you find items in the wrong spot, you go to move the items to the right spot & the spot is filled with the wrong thing... that can be an endless journey for the majority of departments.
If I'm on SFS, I'll dump it all on the base deck for the closing zoner to figure out. If I'm on instocks, I'll fix it if I have time.

Do you just back stock everything or do you fix it. Most likely, you learn to ignore it & just push what you need to push & become known as one of the "fast" workers who will get more hours than the slow pokes who are trying to do the job properly.
It depends on what is fucked up. If it just looks ratchet but not causing a price point headache then idgaf. But, if shit is all over the place then I'll fix it ( looking at you tide wall) .

It depends on what is fucked up. If it just looks ratchet but not causing a price point headache then idgaf. But, if shit is all over the place then I'll fix it ( looking at you tide wall) .
So if the price point is the same, and we have the product that actually goes to that location. . . You just don't care?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back