Archived In store only DPCI search

Status
Not open for further replies.

frostuzy

Great, the wet rack again.
So this is a question that will probably out me at my store if anyone else is here but oh well.

This question is in regards of how to find the unique DPCI of a item of clothing that is sold at the in store Fan Shop. Since these items are in store only I am not able to find similar items online and using the DPCI from one in the store will only search your area on a my device.

Here it is, I live in Nebraska but I am from Oklahoma. While shopping after work Sunday I saw a great Husker jacket (similar to a Spyder Core Sweater) and now am on a mission to find a Oklahoma State one. Not thinking I snapped a pic of the tag and started calling Oklahoma Targets searching for that DPCI. After the third time being told that that item wasn’t carried there I figured that the DPCI was tied to the Nebraska one uniquely and a OSU one would have a different DPCI.

Is there any way to figure out what a different area’s DPCI would be or is there anyone here from Oklahoma that could find the DPCI for me? I would be looking for a XL one. I will also put a pic of the tag if that would help. (The tag is a large but that was all we had out yet)

Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited:
***********WARNING***************
***********WARNING***************

Guys i would stay away from this one, its a trap. Anyone that searches the upc on their zebra would be fired. Cause itll link them to this post and then this site. Do not search the UPC on your Zebra.

riparBI.jpg

Isn't the DPCI for a product the same corporate wide? Otherwise, how would it work to search for it on Target.Com which services every state? And if you have the large of the item you'd just go one up for the extra large in the last four numbers of your dpci.

So this question obviously took a unexpected turn. No malicious intent for the post. I didn’t include the dpci in the text of the post and I now deleted the picture. Now there is no actual dpci referenced anywhere in the post, everyone can put away the tin foil hats.

As far as being fired for searching that dpci then me, my tl, the lod working Tuesday, and the at least 5 random people in Oklahoma I talked to on the phone are already screwed.

Let me rephrase the question a different way. Next time you go to your store go to the fan shop (where they sell the college and high school clothes). Find something you like, then figure out how to get the same item for a different school two states away. Keep in mind that these are in store only so it doesn’t show up in the app or online. When I put the dpci in a zebra it pulls up my store and the other two stores in town. Brickseek (?) shows that item in stock at all Nebraska targets but out of stock in Iowa and Kansas targets. When I would call the Oklahoma stores they would search and just say the item was unavailable. I would think the department and class would be the same at any location but the item would change. One number in the item must be linked to size so the other numbers maybe to school. That is what I’m trying to figure out.

You can search target.com by sports team.... so Oklahoma Cowboys? I didn't see any jackets though, not even for the huskers. Usually the first 3 in a dpci are the dept number. Fan central tends to be 047. The class is usually based on the type of item. So one jacket for a sports team should have the same class number as another sports team jacket in the same style. The last four would be the hardest to come by. The other idea would be to search the brand store online.

You can search target.com by sports team.... so Oklahoma Cowboys? I didn't see any jackets though, not even for the huskers. Usually the first 3 in a dpci are the dept number. Fan central tends to be 047. The class is usually based on the type of item. So one jacket for a sports team should have the same class number as another sports team jacket in the same style. The last four would be the hardest to come by. The other idea would be to search the brand store online.

Thank You for getting it ☺️ I did search target.com by both teams but couldn’t find either on the website. I also get no results from the dpci at Target.com. You were right on the department number too. When we scanned or search with the zebra it does list it as in store only. Oh I did try the knights apparel website and it hasn’t been updated in ages.

Last edited:
Ok I lived in Tulsa recently but never worked in a Tulsa store so I will tell you, your best bet is find out the store number for the store / stores in stillwater. Thats where OSU is and they will have OSU stuff. As for being tin foil, some of you are smh.
In future @frostuzy contact T-0019 they are in Tulsa. Ask them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back