In the news....

qmosqueen

Perishable Assistant Wizard
I saw a theft at an Apple store a guy just walked out with a speaker and air pods right under his coat.
I told a salesperson but the guy was I the mall and long gone.

It's really the same here. They work those people in the warehouse until they get hurt, or are just too exhausted to continue. It's ridiculous. Same deal with the gig economy people doing the deliveries. They get penalized for being too slow. So, it
is common for them to speed or run stop signs to make the time that is required. So, unless I am waiting for a heart to transplant, I don't need my stuff that quickly. Because of all this, I rarely order anything on Amazon anymore.

seasonaldude

Waiting for your kid to get out of my way in toys
Of course Amazon is winning in toys. Shopping for toys at Target can be a frustrating and miserable experience for guests. Set aside the messy shelves, the U-boats in the way, all the damn shippers that block the aisles, the Karens who park themselves in the aisle to talk to Brenda for an hour not letting anyone through, and the stupid MJ Holding vendor crap that gets thrown around the aisles making them treacherous for people to even walk through. Target can't keep the desirable toys in stock and maintain proper inventory management so guests can't get what they want.

There's one very popular toy that I can never get enough of. When I do get it in stock it sells out within a couple of hours. I got sent a total of three of them for Black Friday and haven't gotten any since. Target.com will ship it to my store or home and I can get it in the middle of next week. Or I can go on Amazon where it's a little bit cheaper and get it shipped free to my home for delivery on Saturday. Hmmm....

For another example, for one particular Paw Patrol vehicle/action figure set there are 8 different characters available. Target uses the same DPCI for all of them. They come in breakpacks of four each. We always have them in stock. But, the breakpacks always have the same characters. There are some we have never gotten and it seems like we will never get them. There is one that everyone wants that we have never received. But, because it's on the same DPCI as the others Target.com says we have it in the store. No, sorry guests. We don't have that one. But, yes I'll "check" in the back for you. Target.com won't even let that one be shipped anywhere. But, hey, you can get that exact one shipped from Amazon for free and have it in a couple of days. Hmmm....

We're doing a brisk volume in toy sales, but Amazon is always going to kick our asses because Spot can't get it's shit straight.

15 Sec. Remain

Anyone getting that call?
For another example, for one particular Paw Patrol vehicle/action figure set there are 8 different characters available. Target uses the same DPCI for all of them. They come in breakpacks of four each. We always have them in stock. But, the breakpacks always have the same characters. There are some we have never gotten and it seems like we will never get them. There is one that everyone wants that we have never received. But, because it's on the same DPCI as the others Target.com says we have it in the store. No, sorry guests. We don't have that one. But, yes I'll "check" in the back for you. Target.com won't even let that one be shipped anywhere. But, hey, you can get that exact one shipped from Amazon for free and have it in a couple of days. Hmmm....
I feel like déjà vu. Was helping push toys today and had a guest asking for a particular paw patrol set, but was looking for the set w/a jeep and a ranger dog. (?) I lucked out and found an unopened Casepack and gave her the set she was looking for. I wish guests would understand in Toys, some items come in an assortment, and can't guarantee that particular item will be there, especially with collectors, *sigh* They're a different breed.

-------

On another note, those things up in the sky aren't for decoration.

Modesto Target employee faces embezzlement charges, admits to big haul, police say - http://www.modbee.com/news/local/crime/article222297300.html

I feel like déjà vu. Was helping push toys today and had a guest asking for a particular paw patrol set, but was looking for the set w/a jeep and a ranger dog. (?) I lucked out and found an unopened Casepack and gave her the set she was looking for. I wish guests would understand in Toys, some items come in an assortment, and can't guarantee that particular item will be there, especially with collectors, *sigh* They're a different breed.

-------

On another note, those things up in the sky aren't for decoration.

Modesto Target employee faces embezzlement charges, admits to big haul, police say - http://www.modbee.com/news/local/crime/article222297300.html
That store is a dump. I stopped by on a trip to Yosemite once.