In the news....

I had an experience regarding this last month, but the opposite. I ordered an LG TV for online pickup, but the online price was $70 more than the in store price. So I cancelled it and just had them process it in store.

They should really show both the online price and in store price at all times, but I’m not confident they’ll do that.
I had a few team members/leaders at my old store that would scan everything in their basket and often would find lots of items to do a price match on.

Interesting. I haven't used it yet. Anyone else?
I work in flow so I really have no idea about price match guidelines. Do we have to take the product to GS to price match or can the cashier do it for us? I noticed this last week when I bought something in the store, then got home to realize it was $2 cheaper on the app

AARSlave

Electronics plus Consumer Cellular
But what's the alternative? Store them all in the back room and we leave electronics completely unattended while that TM goes back to get product on request?
If my APL had his way, yes.

There's been a few targets in my district that have been burglarized after closing. They are also very good at it. Break in to front door to breaking in to the apple case in electronics to leaving in about 6 minutes.

They tried to hit my store but got spooked and ran because our cleaning crew was doing an overnight to wax our floors.

Humbug holidays: US retail sales drop 1.2 pct. in December

Militantagnostic

Former associate of the Targetti Crime Syndicate
ASANTS. Anyone with a device can price match at my store. Just need to know how to use the price match app.
They can, but honestly they probably shouldn't. It's the sort of thing that should be kept as consistent as possible, by limiting access to do it.
Price Match is a big way people try and scam, and it's also a policy that upsets a lot of guests and needs to be fair and consistent.
Most of my cashiers can barely handle price challenges from guests.

qmosqueen

Perishable Assistant Wizard
some good news here ...

Stuff like this happens all the time.
We're getting a lot of old women coming in with emails from something they bought on Craig's List that wants the buyer to pay them in eBay gift cards or iTunes gift cards, and the poor women just have no idea what's going on.
We always try and let them know they're likely getting scammed, but most of them buy the stuff anyways.