In the news....

Of course this happens at Walmart.

IWishIKnew

This was supposed to be a seasonal job...
It’s no secret at my store that HR has good intentions but they are forgetful and inept and if you have a serious need or question, to call HROC
Ultimately, Target's HR department also doesn't control the 3rd party life insurance vendor, and if the insurance vendor makes a decision, there's often fuck-all your ground-level HR people can do about it. Presumably once the news people started sniffing around it got escalated sufficiently at Target and the insurance company for the situation to be "resolved".

I hope the state attorney general's office is looking into it, though, as if they've fucked this person over they've certainly done it before and will do it again.

Most strikes are through a legitimate union. Since Target isn't unionized, they will not see this as legit strike activity and will just consider those workers NCNS. So they screwed themselves, really.

Bet Spot is just loving seeing this in the Baltimore Sun...

Most strikes are through a legitimate union. Since Target isn't unionized, they will not see this as legit strike activity and will just consider those workers NCNS. So they screwed themselves, really.
I'm not going to give my opinion about the content of the original post, but comment on yours only.

Using that logic, unions would never have started in the first place. Because the first union's weren't legitimate.

I'm not saying you aren't right. You are. But maybe the people picketing are willing to sacrifice themselves for what they perceive as the greater longterm good. Maybe it's futile. Maybe not.

seasonaldude

Waiting for your kid to get out of my way in toys
No. Target can't just do that. Workers have a right to strike without a union. Target has a lot of work to do to lawfully term the strikers.

AllAtTarget

Destroy The Fixture Room! I Dare You!

This is craaaazy! 🙊🙈🙉😹😂

Some Pikesville Target workers go on strike, call for boycott, citing 'abusive treatment' by management - https://www.baltimoresun.com/business/bs-bz-pikesville-target-strike-20190415-story.html

The cut in hours is horrible, but it's every target, they are trying to make up for all the remodels and boycotts they had. The treatment of these employees with the spying, retaliation, and stuff is not acceptable 😡 they signed for a job, not to be a prisoner in a maximum security prison.

When they reach $15, they will most likely cut hours to 20hrs to 30hrs, which will save them about $180 dollars per regular disposable employee. Not good at all, but I think its clear retail is coming to a terrifying breakdown that will probably be the death of them. Mark this one "death by greed".

-- Question is what will take its place --😅

NKG

“There’s merchandise everywhere. Trucks deliver the goods, but they stack up.”

Welcome to modernization.

The fact it has Targetworkersunite quoted means take the article as seriously as an mountain dew can rolling around your parking lot.

Yev

SL Flow
A total of 3 tms are on strike. Just goes to show how possibly over exaggerated things are
i quit 1541 about 2 weeks into the new stl (not bc of her either). the truck issues started way before her, easily around BTS 2018 when it was 7 trucks a week on a 4-5 truck flow team. then the uboat change well into the busy season. old stl was a meddling nuisance but no one was upset beyond a grumble to a coworker afaik. i haven't stopped by to say hello since i left but im really curious why all this now.

4 hours on the schedule? come on now we all know that's target's unofficial pink slip. if you want hours your etl has to view you as some kind of workhorse with triple output of one slow person who needs babysitting. then ask to extend because they never want to commit anything to the paper schedule. unfortunately you'll get stuck in impossible situations like me trying and failing to solo the entire softlines breakout. then getting the squeeze put on because i refused to suffer more attempts at making a miracle happen without replacements to the 2 people i lost.

the market process was failing and they were being told to get thousands of pulls out of the gun on top of trucks that never come clean. pfresh process success relying on one person being there.

it is 100% a bad time in there and i can't blame em for making some noise out front and in the paper. i feel really bad that they haven't been able to gtfo. it was a huge relief to join another company and free from the ongoing losing battle at 1541. lurking this forum was the only way i knew that it wasn't just my old store succumbing to corporate disease.

AllAtTarget

A total of 3 tms are on strike. Just goes to show how possibly over exaggerated things are
They probably are the only ones who have the courage to speak out about it, cause based on the information I read, sounds like that store has a retaliation problem, so I imagine people are petrified to mention how they feel about the things happening.
Just my thought about it, I could be wrong, but if I'm right, the 3 are the only ones freed and there are hostages inside 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

They probably are the only ones who have the courage to speak out about it, cause based on the information I read, sounds like that store has a retaliation problem, so I imagine people are petrified to mention how they feel about the things happening.
Just my thought about it, I could be wrong, but if I'm right, the 3 are the only ones freed and there are hostages inside 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
But Targey doesn't retaliate right? It's in the ethics training course. Right?

AllAtTarget

i quit 1541 about 2 weeks into the new stl (not bc of her either). the truck issues started way before her, easily around BTS 2018 when it was 7 trucks a week on a 4-5 truck flow team. then the uboat change well into the busy season. old stl was a meddling nuisance but no one was upset beyond a grumble to a coworker afaik. i haven't stopped by to say hello since i left but im really curious why all this now.

4 hours on the schedule? come on now we all know that's target's unofficial pink slip. if you want hours your etl has to view you as some kind of workhorse with triple output of one slow person who needs babysitting. then ask to extend because they never want to commit anything to the paper schedule. unfortunately you'll get stuck in impossible situations like me trying and failing to solo the entire softlines breakout. then getting the squeeze put on because i refused to suffer more attempts at making a miracle happen without replacements to the 2 people i lost.

the market process was failing and they were being told to get thousands of pulls out of the gun on top of trucks that never come clean. pfresh process success relying on one person being there.

it is 100% a bad time in there and i can't blame em for making some noise out front and in the paper. i feel really bad that they haven't been able to gtfo. it was a huge relief to join another company and free from the ongoing losing battle at 1541. lurking this forum was the only way i knew that it wasn't just my old store succumbing to corporate disease.
Yeeeeees! I feel like that's definitely a pink slip in disguise. That store is going to shut down for sure 😂