In the news....

Tessa120

I escaped the asylum!
Is it to keep stuff out of landfills, like the article says? Or to keep babies out of seats that are no longer safe due to age, previous car accidents, or unknown-to-parents recall?

BoxCutter

Cut hard. Cut deep.

Tessa120

I escaped the asylum!
Largest shareholder, largest creditor, while CEO put the store into bankruptcy and then after the filing bought it back. That's a really weird lot of coincidences. Sears' future fate will be worth watching.

qmosqueen

Perishable Assistant Wizard
Amazon drivers say they often have to deliver upwards of 250 packages a day — and sometimes far more than that — which works out to a dizzying pace of less than two minutes per package based on an eight-hour shift.

And I thought 1 box per minute was bad for us to put on the shelf in that aisle.

qmosqueen

Perishable Assistant Wizard
Gun pulled at Popeyes cause no chicken sandwich

Times Up

Formerly PassinTime
Check out this article from USA TODAY:

Sears and Kmart corporate workforce is shrinking with around 250 layoffs

Unfortunately, Eddie Lampert is going to keep closing ALL of the stores until there are none. Endgame is to be able to sell off all of the real estate which is really where the money is. Eddie is going to make himself a lot of money.

Tessa120

I escaped the asylum!
Unfortunately, Eddie Lampert is going to keep closing ALL of the stores until there are none. Endgame is to be able to sell off all of the real estate which is really where the money is. Eddie is going to make himself a lot of money.
So he was CEO and put it into bankruptcy, quit and bought it, and is now going for the real estate money. And Sears' slide was a sad accident that gave him opportunity for good fortune?

I wonder if Cornell is reading Lampert's playbook.