In the news....

CNBC: Retail giant Target demands that suppliers absorb tariff costs to shield consumers.

I call partial bullshit. In the last few weeks, I have placed mark up price labels for most large furniture (increase avg of $20), almost every single lampshade/lamp base/combo (increase avg $3-5), party paper plates and some party supplies in Stat keep creeping up by .50¢ every other week it seems.

Black Sheep 214

Kiss no butts, give no fox
CNBC: Retail giant Target demands that suppliers absorb tariff costs to shield consumers.

I call partial bullshit. In the last few weeks, I have placed mark up price labels for most large furniture (increase avg of $20), almost every single lampshade/lamp base/combo (increase avg $3-5), party paper plates and some party supplies in Stat keep creeping up by .50¢ every other week it seems.
Sounds like quite a strategy- get that good PR by sending out a press release that they “demand suppliers absorb tariff costs to shield consumers”, making guests think that Spot is the great crusader saving them from price increases and all the while apparently continuing to raise prices. Spot hit their trifecta with this one- cutting costs, increasing profits and looking good to the public. Priceless.😂🙄😂

Would you mind linking a non-paywalled version? I have adblock and wapo just told me to f*ck off basically

EDIT: Found a youtube video. Most of the commenters seem to say that it's from backyard street-level stuff where they cut your vape juice cartridge with shit they shouldn't--and kids are getting it because they can't legally buy the legit stuff

My wife and I make our own vape juice at home so no worries

Last edited:

Tessa120

I escaped the asylum!
Weird, adblock worked fine for me.

There were a couple sentences about people who use only tobacco, not marijuana also being sickened.

Tessa120

I escaped the asylum!
There is no way this can end well. If the little demonspawn aren't running full tilt and hitting people or pushing/launching the cart hard in random direction so it rolls off at speed into stuff, then the temper tantrums when the parent tries to part the child from whatever they put in their cart that the parent didn't know about and won't buy will be epic at the front end.

qmosqueen

Perishable Assistant Wizard
Last edited:
there's a new shopping cart ... just for kids

I predict damaged product, injured adults, screaming children at the checkout and lots and lots of more re-shop.
I watched the entire video just waiting for the kid to knock over a mannequin, fall, slam into another guest, run another kid over or knock a bunch of stuff off an amplified gifting cart that is on wheels. Guess that is part II when the patent isn’t watching recording video.