In the news....

qmosqueen

Perishable Assistant Wizard
how many will quit after 1 day or not even show up for Black Friday ???

The big-box retailer is looking to add more than 130,000 temporary employees as it prepares for the critical holiday shopping period — an increase from the 120,000 it hired last year.

The company is also investing $2 million in what it calls its holiday team member appreciation program, now in its second year. As part of the initiative, two hourly Target employees at each store and distribution center will receive a $250 gift card as well as a chance to donate to local charities of their choice.

Last edited:
The company is also investing $2 million in what it calls its holiday team member appreciation program, now in its second year. As part of the initiative, two hourly Target employees at each store and distribution center will receive a $250 gift card as well as a chance to donate to local charities of their choice.
🤬🤯😡

Really? The new people are already getting more hours now some rando that’s not even going to be in the store passed January is going to get the chance of $250?

Maybe I’m just over reacting but I’d at least like dinner from this.

qmosqueen

🤬🤯😡

Really? The new people are already getting more hours now some rando that’s not even going to be in the store passed January is going to get the chance of $250?

Maybe I’m just over reacting but I’d at least like dinner from this.
last year our stores winner is still here !!

Kartman

MasterBlaster
On this night... 17 years ago 246 people went to sleep in preparation for their morning flights. 2,606 people went to sleep in preparation for work in the morning. 343 firefighters, 60 police officers, 8 paramedics went to sleep in preparation for the morning shift of saving lives. None of them saw past 10:00am Sept 11, 2001. In one single moment life may never be the same. As you live and enjoy the breaths you take today and tonight before you go to sleep in preparation for your life tomorrow, kiss the ones you love, snuggle a little tighter, and never take one second of your life for granted.

May We Never Forget.

Source

I was trimming a live oak when someone told me 5AeQ7pw.jpg an airplane hit one of the Trade Center buildings. :(

qmosqueen

On this night... 17 years ago 246 people went to sleep in preparation for their morning flights. 2,606 people went to sleep in preparation for work in the morning. 343 firefighters, 60 police officers, 8 paramedics went to sleep in preparation for the morning shift of saving lives. None of them saw past 10:00am Sept 11, 2001. In one single moment life may never be the same. As you live and enjoy the breaths you take today and tonight before you go to sleep in preparation for your life tomorrow, kiss the ones you love, snuggle a little tighter, and never take one second of your life for granted.

May We Never Forget.

Source

I was trimming a live oak when someone told me View attachment 8625an airplane hit one of the Trade Center buildings. :(

Tessa120

I escaped the asylum!
My MIL had a hospital stay just a few days before, horrible experience, and I was in the patient advocate's office bitching about the nurses. I came out, got in the car and heard the news on the radio. I don't remember if one tower or both towers had been hit at that moment. I don't remember if the Pentagon had been hit yet, but I think I did know because I was living in an area with big military presence, not just number of bases and personnel, but also some of the higher level infrastructure for most of the branches of the military and I immediately drove to my daughter's school to take her out just in case, though I didn't know how I would evacuate, where I would go. I was not the only parent there, the office staff was advising us to not pull our children out, to keep their routine normal. At that moment someone said there was talk that another plane had crashed close to Pittsburgh. There was a woman next to me, red hair and freckles though I don't know why I remember that detail, she said "My family's in Pittsburgh" and started crying.

redeye58

Hasta Ba Rista, Baby!
My mother called me to turn on the news after the first tower was hit & ablaze.
As we both watched live coverage, the second tower was struck.
After a horrified silence, I heard my father in the background say "Dear Lord, what's going on....?"

After a horrified silence, I heard my father in the background say "Dear Lord, what's going on....?"
It sucked mom handed me a cup of coffee, I put my glasses on and watched the second plane hit. What a really weird day. We didn't know what to do really out on the west coast, we went to work but not much got done. We pulled the TV out of the break room and had it our office and we didn't even go out for lunch.

I saw both buildings get hit. I live in Dc area. I know some folks who lost love ones at the pentagon
Very sad event.

happygoth

reshop till I drop
Was working security at my old store - we had a tv in the office, and our boss called and told us that the first tower was on fire. At that point we still had no idea what was actually happening. Saw everything else live. Getting choked up just thinking about it - still makes me feel all kinds of things: angry, sad, horrified...

Does anyone here work in one of these warehouses that handle store fixtures and such, not RDC or FDC? If so, how is the work there? Can't be any worse than the store I was at. Target: New Joliet Distribution Center Hiring 200 Employees - https://patch.com/illinois/joliet/target-new-joliet-distribution-center-hiring-200-employees
I do not work in a dc if that sort, but I would imagine the freight would be more challenging. I would assume the fixtures would be heavier and bulkier than normal freight.

I saw both buildings get hit. I live in Dc area. I know some folks who lost love ones at the pentagon
Very sad event.
I was in 2nd grade, living inside the DC beltway. Many of my classmates were children of federal employees, many of whom worked at the Pentagon. It's sad to think about those who have lived most of their life without a parent due to 9/11.

www.newsday.com/amp/business/target-suit-jose-jonathan-1.36183335

Updated September 11, 2019 8:50 PM
A former employee of a Target store in Freeport has filed a federal lawsuit against the popular retailer claiming discrimination because, he said, his superiors denied his Hispanic heritage by addressing him as “Jonathan” instead of his given name, “Jose,” and forced him to wear a nametag with the wrong moniker — all to ease the fears of white clientele at the location.

Jose Diaz, 18, who began working at the Sunrise Highway location of Target in October 2018, filed the lawsuit in U.S. District Court in Central Islip stating he also was fired in retaliation in November 2018 over his complaints about what he called the “whitewashing” of his heritage.

qmosqueen

qmosqueen

Be safe all