In the news....

This article seems to be a rehash of the first article. In the article, it states that the article came out on Wednesday and then all of a sudden the district manager and corporate is there the same day? Target quietly cut backroom and overnight shifts? Um, no, they did not. So, the article states that the district managers are telling the stores to clean up the backroom. How? With what resources and hours? The out of control backrooms are the result of Target and their modernization policies. We can clean it up one day...what happens in the future?

happygoth

reshop till I drop
Whoa, that guy REALLY loves Target, lol!

I actually agree with most of what he says though. And of course someone in the comments had to mention that Walmart is so much cheaper, which is not true in my neck of the woods. Walmart is slightly cheaper on some things, but Target is comparable on most.

For instance: Walmart carries Bounty select-a-size paper towels, 6 rolls=18 triples for $14.97, while Target has them for $15.19 - that's just 22 cents more, and if you use the Redcard it brings it down to $14.43, 54 cents cheaper than Walmart. Obviously for team members it's even cheaper with the 10% discount. And that is just one example. Not sure how Walmart has gained this reputation for being SO much cheaper than Target.

Last edited:
What-in-the-why-

My favorite part of this is the TRU CEO's reasoning for why they wanted to work with Target: a strong supply chain. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Maybe he confused us with Target Australia.

Tessa120

I escaped the asylum!
businessinsider Today has this ...

"The Target spokesperson also said that employees are working slightly more hours on average this year than they were working three years ago. "

🤣🤣🤣🤣

IWishIKnew

This was supposed to be a seasonal job...
OH, that's interesting, I missed this the first time around. Under the photo of the disastrous backroom that sparked all the attention?

A backroom in a New Hampshire Target last October. Courtesy of an anonymous former Target employee
Last. October. Before modernization was even rolled out in full. I'm sure they'll keep using that pic because it's a cheap way to get attention, but last October was approximately a lifetime ago in Target years.

100% agree with this, though:

'Helping a guest now feels like a burden'
I spend way less time on the floor than I did when we had a backroom team to handle pulls & backstocking.

"When the rubber met the road, it didn't work," the Texas employee said.
Indeed. And what kills me is we knew this from the pilot stores. It was clear then that the dreams of modernization wouldn't work company-wide, but someone's ego was too far invested into it to admit it was a good thing to try, it just wasn't going to work with the hours provided. It needs more hours to work, not less, because people are responsible for so many more things and can't be as efficient as, say, when someone spends all their time in the backroom doing backroom tasks or on the floor doing on the floor tasks or all their time doing truck & freight tasks, instead of being expected to do all of them in a 5 hour shift.

Last edited:
Ya know my Twitter feed keeps having ads for Target show up mostly jobs and such. Is it odd that I want to reply with the BI links? I mean they are practically asking for such.

Spot's propaganda minister is really slacking with business insider poking around. Should have said the back-room messes were unsafe and immediate action would take place and termination of managers would be immenite. Could have made the New Hampshire store director the initial sacrifice to make it look good to the press. Instead the sad reality will probably be that when a district manager or executives are coming to your store for a visit, we are probably going to have to drop every-thing and clean up the back-rooms.

qmosqueen

Perishable Assistant Wizard
look who's leaving ...

Mark Tritton has resigned as Target’s chief merchant to take the CEO job at Bed Bath & Beyond.

retailer also named Michael Fiddelke as chief financial officer.

qmosqueen

Perishable Assistant Wizard
water everywhere that will close your store