In the news....

what they release and what the cops get might be… different. or at least I hope so
Can't Target release a clearer picture? Seriously. He looks like my ex, and my convention drinking buddy, half the guys in the local SG1 cosplay group and the assistant manager who was accused of sexual harassment at my job all at the same time.
Nah, that's about par for the course for exit camera quality. Worst cameras in the store.

Then why not release video from a better area of the store, like the cash registers?
At least at my old store, the Big issue with that was angle. All my cameras were mounted on the ceiling some 14 feet above everyone's head, so the register cameras only saw the tops of people's heads, and are mainly for counting bills. And the best cameras, the moveable ones, only catch people if they're actively being watched.
It's the camera, not the location.
For once, no, actually. The door entrance/exit cameras are a different type than the rest in the store. They're lower profile and can be mounted on the door frame rather than the ceiling, but that comes at the cost of having a fixed zoom point and being highly dependant on ambient light to get decent shots, whereas the regular ones auto-adjust to light levels.

Kartman

MasterBlaster
??? What does all that have to do with inferior camera with shitty focus and resolution? I remember how they'd tape a picture of some thief behind customer service - a lousy blurred out of focus pic. Bleagh!

I had 2 withdrawals for the exact same amount within several days of each other, followed a day later by a refund.

It would've been nice to have some communication from Target about what happened...because I was really confused.

My store had angry guest coming in over the double charges right after it happened so the fact that no one went to the press over this yet is kinda crazy. They went out of their way not to mention anything happening st all aside from the automated message you got if you called the card number. Nothing at all on workbench the next day. If her story is true, the fact that they didn't compensate her to keep it quiet is insane.

Tessa120

I escaped the asylum!
Interesting....so, how do I cancel my red card? I can't find the right link in the red card management page.

PackAndCry

Furniture, Call Button One
I got refunded for a whole grocery shopping trip I didn't get double charged for, so that was cool. The person having their Wallet used was probably a result of credential stuffing, most guests use the same password and PIN for everything.

Tessa120

I escaped the asylum!
Advertise to people they have "less" time to get the presents, as if a few days have been shaved off the calendar rather than the usual non-coordination between sun and moon.

Advertise that it's going to be soooo busy that people have to act fast to get all the Christmas presents they want instead of the usual habits playing themselves out - rush, lull, rush.

Flat out say they are hiring more seasonal workers to give that incentive, even though there's less shopping days, so subtle implication there will be more workers overall in the stores on any given day. Without directly saying the intent is for more workers in the stores on any given day, so it's likely less total hours spread over a lot more people, most of whom have no clue what's going on and won't be there long enough to care.

Great plan.