In the news....

Tessa120

I escaped the asylum!
Check out this article from USA TODAY:

Target is offering a 10% military discount for Veterans Day. Here's how to sign up

Don't bother trying if you are of the female persuasion. They want additional military documentation in my current name that shows that past me is current me. Too bad all military documentation ended long before husband #1 was kicked out and husband #2 was invited in.

Bed Bath & Beyond reverses longtime tradition and will be open on Thanksgiving for first time

The new CEO Tritton is taking a page from his days at Target and applying it to his newest surroundings

The new CEO of Target's second-largest competitor, Walmart, literally started his 27-year Walmart career working in the Garden Center at a Bentonville store. Walmart is the 11th-largest company in the US and pretty well known for promote-from-within policies, but it's very rare for companies in this day and age to literally promote longtime career staff who started at the very bottom up to top executive ranks. Wow! On his first day as Walmart U.S. CEO, John Furner took a trip down memory lane at Store 100 in Bentonville, AR. That's where his career began almost 27 years ago

Black Sheep 214

Kiss no butts, give no fox
The new CEO of Target's second-largest competitor, Walmart, literally started his 27-year Walmart career working in the Garden Center at a Bentonville store. Walmart is the 11th-largest company in the US and pretty well known for promote-from-within policies, but it's very rare for companies in this day and age to literally promote longtime career staff who started at the very bottom up to top executive ranks. Wow! On his first day as Walmart U.S. CEO, John Furner took a trip down memory lane at Store 100 in Bentonville, AR. That's where his career began almost 27 years ago
Spot needs to watch and learn...

qmosqueen

Perishable Assistant Wizard
Alas, the story is hidden behind a paywall.
here is the story ...

Target’s First Loyalty Program Failed. Here’s How It Built a Better One
CMO Rick Gomez took the stage at Brandweek to talk about how the company landed on Target Circle

Target CMO Rick Gomez discussed how the retailer went from RedPerks to Target Circle.
Sean T. Smith for Adweek

PALM SPRINGS, Calif.—Target CMO Rick Gomez described the company’s new loyalty program, Target Circle, as the product of learning from previous missteps.
The retailer rolled out Target Circle earlier this year, and the company claims it’s now of the country’s fastest-growing loyalty programs, with 25 million sign-ups in the first four weeks.
But this wasn’t the retailer’s first attempt at a loyalty program: RedPerks launched in September 2016 and was later rebranded as Cartwheel Perks, before being shut down less than a year later in June 2017. Because of that program’s short lifespan, it was never launched nationwide, only operating in five test markets: Denver, San Diego, Houston, St. Louis and Raleigh-Durham, N.C.
On stage at Adweek’s annual Brandweek summit, Gomez said that ultimately, RedPerks simply wasn’t unique enough to set Target apart from its competitors.

“This point-based, transactional program we were working on, it simply wasn’t very good,” admitted Gomez during his panel presentation, Marketing ‘For All’ Drives Results for Target. “It wasn’t very differentiated. It wasn’t producing the results that we needed.”
That lack of differentiation meant Target didn’t get the boost it had been hoping for. It proved to be an important lesson for the brand: If something isn’t working, even if you’ve been “putting a lot of energy” into it, as Gomez said Target had been, sometimes the best option is to start from scratch on something new.
“Despite everything we had put into this project, we pulled the plug on it,” Gomez said. “We went back to the drawing board with a goal of finding something that’s differentiated, not just better for Target but better for our guests.”
Perhaps the biggest aim in Target Circle’s creation, said Gomez, was to make it accessible to all of Target’s customers. There is no minimum spend required to sign up, and no annual fee to be a member. Customers get 1% back on every purchase, as well as early access to deals on Black Friday, personalized savings offers and a special surprise on their birthday. The program, he said, “allows Target to build a stronger relationship with all of our guests.”
Target Circle went nationwide in October, and the retailer is betting on it as being a boon to its bottom line during the holiday season—Gomez said that so far, they’ve seen that shoppers who are enrolled in Target Circle spend 2% to 5% more per order than shoppers who aren’t enrolled.
Though it’s taken a few years to find the right program to go wide with, Gomez said the trial and error period was worth the eventual result.
“In a little over two years, we’ve gone from a complete reset to having one of the fastest-growing loyalty programs in the U.S.,” Gomez said. “And we got there by empowering our team to start from a blank slate, to think differently and to put the consumer, our guests, all of them, at the center of our decision making.”

qmosqueen

CRIME DOESNT PAY KIDS...

NXT

Knowledge TL
"If something isn’t working, even if you’ve been “putting a lot of energy” into it, as Gomez said Target had been, sometimes the best option is to start from scratch on something new."

So when will Modernization end and we start with something new?

Ringwraith917

Professional Badass
shoppers who are enrolled in Target Circle spend 2% to 5% more per order than shoppers who aren’t enrolled.
This is not a causal relationship. You could just as easily say people who spend more are more likely to sign up for Target Circle. It would be interesting to examine the spending habits of redcard holders before and after signing up with Target Circle. Then you may be able to draw a conclusion as to its effectiveness in increasing spending.

Sears, Kmart to close one-third of stores: 96 locations closing, $250M in financing landed

The real estate is worth more than the retail business. Just a matter of time before all of the stores are closed.

happygoth

reshop till I drop

Sears, Kmart to close one-third of stores: 96 locations closing, $250M in financing landed

Has anyone here shopped at a Sears recently? Since I left over two years ago, I haven't set foot in one or spent one penny online. The one I worked for closed over a year ago.

qmosqueen

They just opened a store in my mall near my Target

I find it hilarious how they tried to just put this as a small batch issue, I've had it set aside like a dozen of these and I don't even work in toys I just find them busted everywhere
One of those was thrown by a teenager on a weekend and hit the wall signing in toys. Got nice colorful splat mark up there now. And I can't even order a replacement graphic because they don't make them anymore. 🤣🤷🏻‍♀️

happygoth

reshop till I drop

I find it hilarious how they tried to just put this as a small batch issue, I've had it set aside like a dozen of these and I don't even work in toys I just find them busted everywhere
It's possible that it could be true though, because it does seem that they have been breaking a lot more lately. Or is could be that the company lowered their production standards and are now realizing what a bad decision that was, lol.

qmosqueen

It's possible that it could be true though, because it does seem that they have been breaking a lot more lately. Or is could be that the company lowered their production standards and are now realizing what a bad decision that was, lol.
or Target lowered its standards and went with a cheeper buyer in China (aka sweat shop)