In the news

Target expects to lose 600 million this year in thefts which it attributes to organized crime. They are also spending more money on new theft detection systems. They do not mention self-check out and inflation are probably adding to shrinkage. I don't understand, either get rid of the self-check system and hire cashiers or have security check every receipt and keep the systems. Sure it may be slower but if you want fast service...drive-up.

And to stop getting SCO attendants to do everything except watch the lanes. We are only told to watch the SCO lanes when AP corporate is visiting, otherwise we had better be doing things like stocking candy and (of course) helping guests in the SCO lines.

Oh and physically walking SCO guests from their spot in line to the next available open SCO!

We have a customer who keeps on stealing things all around the store and many TMs reported that person to AP and leaders and few times AP caught that person and warned and lectured . But still that customer is coming back and stealing things . Why can’t they ban such people ?

We have a customer who keeps on stealing things all around the store and many TMs reported that person to AP and leaders and few times AP caught that person and warned and lectured . But still that customer is coming back and stealing things . Why can’t they ban such people ?

They may be waiting until the person hits felony level with the dollar amount stolen. Bigger charge may mean more likely to keep them from coming back.

Target expects to lose 600 million this year in thefts which it attributes to organized crime. They are also spending more money on new theft detection systems. They do not mention self-check out and inflation are probably adding to shrinkage. I don't understand, either get rid of the self-check system and hire cashiers or have security check every receipt and keep the systems. Sure it may be slower but if you want fast service...drive-up.
I’m only laughing cus this company reaps what they sows, Inflation is a good part of why stealing is more common but they also support the idea to not do anything about thefts and support organizations who support this kind of behavior. But I agree if they can’t trust people then ban self checkout then but I personally like self checkout cus I get out quicker.

I wonder how much of that is real. At the DC every label is considered to be worth $100 dollars. You misplace 10 labels that cancel out due to time elapsed without processing that is considered $1,000 in shortage. Even though in reality we still have the product and labels are like 0.0001% of a cent each.

Obviously that isnt the same thing as theft however I can easily see that nunber being estimated in a similar sense.
Maybe someone stole a $1 candy bar but if you count all the effort that it took to get that candybar to the store and the man hours AP took to ID the person and whatnot, that $1 candy bar could end up being counted as $100 lost to theft.

We are seeing a huge increase in people eating stuff like candies, drinking soda/energy drinks and leaving the empty packets all around the store . Even the family packs of candies are ripped open and left as it is. When people try to take it out from higher shelves, it falls all over the floor and people steps on them and makes a huge mess .

We are seeing a huge increase in people eating stuff like candies, drinking soda/energy drinks and leaving the empty packets all around the store . Even the family packs of candies are ripped open and left as it is. When people try to take it out from higher shelves, it falls all over the floor and people steps on them and makes a huge mess .
People are lazy assholes

People are lazy assholes
And they don’t like to pay for stuff . I have even seen a mom /grand mom opening a multipack frito lay pack and giving each of her kid one packet of chips . When she saw me she put down the rest of the box and hurried away . I told my TL and that’s it . I wonder what kind of lesson she is teaching those kids !!

And they don’t like to pay for stuff . I have even seen a mom /grand mom opening a multipack frito lay pack and giving each of her kid one packet of chips . When she saw me she put down the rest of the box and hurried away . I told my TL and that’s it . I wonder what kind of lesson she is teaching those kids !!
Like the shoplifter mom who brought her toddler along in the stroller and put the clothes she was stealing under the seat and plopped the kid on top of them. When she got busted they came and took her to jail and the kid went to CPS. Poor little kid. People sometimes…🙄🙁

I’m not surprised

Like the shoplifter mom who brought her toddler along in the stroller and put the clothes she was stealing under the seat and plopped the kid on top of them. When she got busted they came and took her to jail and the kid went to CPS. Poor little kid. People sometimes…🙄🙁
I've heard of this happening at my store, with the mom yelling bloody murder because Department of Social Services was called to take the baby while mom was hauled away by police. (It was a pretty substantial and expensive pile hidden in that stroller.)
Another source of loss at my store is all the "sampling" done in Beauty. So much make-up defected out, it's nuts.

I guess maybe they should've kept us at a decent payroll all year and staffed each department sufficiently. From open to close. Oh, well.

I guess maybe they should've kept us at a decent payroll all year and staffed each department sufficiently. From open to close. Oh, well.
And not waste the payroll on days that don't have anywhere near the traffic of others...we do not need five openers on a Wednesday morning! It would also help if they'd stop stealing cashiers to send to other departments. If you can guess which department gets the most out of said theft you will receive a like.

And not waste the payroll on days that don't have anywhere near the traffic of others...we do not need five openers on a Wednesday morning! It would also help if they'd stop stealing cashiers to send to other departments. If you can guess which department gets the most out of said theft you will receive a like.
Judging by my store, pretty sure that would be fulfillment.😁

Some little piggie eats the Holliday candy on their shift , I come into the damage cage the next day to candy wrappers and hidden candy stashes….drives me CRAZEEE!

5 KILOGRAMS of fentanyl. Shit, they should have stuck with that. Not only is it more lucrative but the cops'll run away screaming from the fentanyl lest it leap out and leave them paralyzed, but they'll be happy to take credit for work done by Target AP.

Back